Tuesday, 12 July 2011

Grungy Monday 15

This week Linda at Studio L3 has directed us to one of Tim's Holtz' 12 Tags techniques for the Grungy Monday challenge. You can find instructions here on Tim's blog.

I decided to go along with Tim's choice of background colours - Shabby Shutters and Vintage Photo. I used these same colours on the fragment of torn card. Can't remember where I got the stamp. In the little square I again used these colours plus Walnut Stain to stamp with a Paperbag Studios stamp, and then I coloured with Tea Dye DI. The cage and bird are of course cut from Tim's dies. I used the background technique again on the card that I cut the bird from, and its eye is a clear sparkly crystal coloured with Rust AI. The cage was painted with gold dabber, then embossed with Tea Dye Distress EP and rubbed with Vintage Photo DI. The rose is made from white card coloured with Tea Dye and Walnut Stain.


This week's vase of flowers from the garden. Generally speaking when choosing roses for my garden, I went for beautifully perfumed repeating roses. However, at one point I rescued some 50p roses from the waifs and strays section in a garden centre. They may not have a perfume, but they certainly are prolific and have sweet little flowers which last extremely well in a vase.


And also in the garden some of the babies who are now six weeks old. They are feathered up, except for their backs, and could leave mum, but she doesn't seem to have got tired of them yet. At this age the feathers on their hocks and feet are a bit out of proportion to the rest of their bodies, but they will grow into them eventually !


10 comments:

  1. Your card is beautiful, love your colour choice and design. The miniature roses are so sweet and are flourishing wonderfully. Loving your wonderful birds. Have a great week, Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, and thanks for sharing the lovely pics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your card, those colours look so great. Beautiful flowers,and are those baby bantams? I love their little feathery legs.
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi MinnieMac. Love your card. Just beautiful technique and stamped images. The little bird cage and cabbage flower...love it. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning card and I love your babies.

    ReplyDelete
  6. !Hi chickens! I love chickens! My mother-in-law has a pair that are as friendly as any Labrador!

    Your art is just as beautiful as your garden flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovely card, the colouring is great and all the little birds are lovely, including the paper one
    janet

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just perfect - so subtle and yet adorable too - love that image and the colours are just great.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty card. Your technique worked perfect! Flowers are gorgeous too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card and cute babies!
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting and taking the time to comment. Much appreciated.