This week Compendium Challenge No 19 made my brain ache a bit trying to choose masks as I wanted to be able to include stage five of the Extreme Masking Challenge that
Linda of Studio L3 has set us this week. If none of the above makes any sense to you, check
Linda's blog, and all will be revealed.
In the end I did make a couple of masks - one from Tim's Tattered Florals die, and one from the Sizzix bee die. I also used a Tattered Angels flourish mask. The Distress inks were Forest Moss, Crushed Olive, Dusty Concord and Wild Honey, and stamps were Viva, Tim Holtz and Crafty Individuals.
Linda had suggested using some mica spray and I had opted not to, but when I had finished there was indeed something missing that a few squirts of Iridescent Gold Glimmer Mist soon put right. Unfortunately you can't see it in the photo !

I am now about to tidy my work places. There are two on the go at the moment - the craft table upstairs and the kitchen table. As it's Wednesday, and the day for snooping at people's desks, it was timely that I should capture this photo of a snooper this morning.

She is very discerning about what she drinks and recognised a fresh supply of water (in the container I use when painting) when she saw one. You will also spot a packet of tissues. I've been telling myself since the weekend that I've not got a cold even though I'm coughing and spluttering and sneezing, and had to visit the chemist's to stock up on remedies. I hate colds. Grrrr ! Anyway, to snoop a bit more round other people's work spaces, visit
Julia at her Stamping Ground blog.
That looks cool. I've not figured out how to photograph glimmery stuff either. S #84
ReplyDeleteOh wow this is stunning.
ReplyDeleteGorgeous masking work.
Sandy #1
What a really effective technique...your card is great!
ReplyDeleteLove your compendium piece, it looks fabulous. Thanks for sharing your craft space.
ReplyDeleteGreat job! Your blending of the colors is wonderful!
ReplyDeleteLinda
Great piece of art love the colours and the technique is fab, glimmer is hard to show on camera I find that too.
ReplyDeleteMaggie
Ps Just love your cat :-)
Love your extreme masking; it looks great!
ReplyDeleteThe colours are very effective.
Jolanda x
Great choice in inks, my didn't come out as dark as I wanted. Love your masks you made.
ReplyDeleteAnd thanks for visiting and sharing some love.
Have a great evening.
Swampangel
I have the dreaded cold too!
ReplyDeleteYour work looks great, I may just have to try a little masking soon.
Chrissie #9
I love how this one came out. beautiful
ReplyDeleteSuper masking technique, looks so effective!
ReplyDeleteAm loving your cat heheh
happy WOYWW
mandi xx
Love your masking technique.
ReplyDeleteA.xx(80)
Your masking piece is amazing! Love that bee!
ReplyDeleteGreat piece, love the cat.
ReplyDeleteThis is terrific and your stage 5 worked brilliantly. Love it. Annette x
ReplyDeleteWhat is a home without a cat? Love that photo - a real snooper!
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing those photos and your lovely tag. #46
Wow - the technique worked beautifully for you with the flower and bee. I love that bee!
ReplyDeleteGreat colour scheme there - and love the text in the flower!
ReplyDeletesasa 28
Love your project! :) Thank you for sharing. Pop over to my blog for my first blog candy. :)
ReplyDeletehttp://maggiescraft.blogspot.com/
Maggie
x
Love your cat, how cute! #65
ReplyDeleteLooks great! love the stamp you used inside your flower:)
ReplyDeleteThe colors and the masking are fabulous! #107
ReplyDeleteLove the tag with the colours and the great masking. Cute kitty too, she's a beautiful colour herself!
ReplyDeleteHugs
Brenda 89
Wow, gorgeous masking!
ReplyDeletereally like your compendium piece, the colours are really warm. love cats, i miss mine hogging my - whatever, wherever, whenever. Dogs are just too big to have the same effect, although I wouldnt be without them either. caroline #14
ReplyDeleteHey Minnie-Mac, I can totally relate to the brain ache! But you sure did do a wonderful job on your extreme masking, and this tag is fabulous! I love the bee! The colors are so pretty and perfectly autumnal, and the text stamping looks amazing.
ReplyDeleteOh, look at that cute little snooper! My cats always want to drink any water they can find, except what's in their water bowls, of course!
I hope you feel 100% better right away! Colds are never fun.
Thanks for your lovely comments on my blog which led me to yours so I've added myself to your followers. Love your art but it's also so interesting to me, being a city girl, to see your country life! Would be great to meet up when we get down South to live.
ReplyDeleteJo x
What a lovely piece of artwork. I see you have a visitor as well - at least mine stays put!!! Thanks for sharing your workspace. Best wishes, Kym xxx (WOYWW No 24)
ReplyDeleteLovely. its great to discover your blog.
ReplyDelete