I used black acrylic paint for my background, overstamped with clear detail embossing powder as a resist against brown and turquoise acrylics. The musical notes are stamped with Black Archival ink and there are smudges of Old Silver InkaGold as highlights. The stamps are a mixture: Elusive Images for the peacock lady; Heritage Scotland for the lute; Bladerubber the violin; and Crafty Individuals for the musical background.
Tuesday, 5 October 2010
Sunday Stampers - Strings
It's Tuesday and I'm only just catching up on Hels' Sunday Stamper challenge where the theme is String. Well, I've gone for strings plural and an Indian theme, as last night I went to the concert performance of The Pearlfishers at the ROH. Strictly speaking the Pearlfishers is set in old Ceylon, and as it was a concert performance I had to imagine the scenery and costumes, and the lady with the peacock feathers was the nearest I have in rubber to the appearance of the priestess Leila of my imagination.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




Gorgeous tag hun, thanks for joinin in with the Sunday stamper :O))
ReplyDeleteFantastic job on the tag, Marilyn. The black and silver look great with the turquoise.
ReplyDeletegreat entry for the Sunday Stampers - I love that colour combination :) I am in the middle of a gothic arch challenge, and I would like to lift the colour scheme/technique for one of my arches that I'm behind in - I will link back to your post for where I got my inspiration from - it might be a week or two before I get around to making it though ;)
ReplyDeleteFiona
It's beautiful, Marilyn - I love it!
ReplyDelete