Friday, 8 July 2011

Tag It On 86: The Age of Chivalry

I loved the theme of the Dragon's Dream Tag It On challenge this week: The Age of Chivalry. It set me thinking of illuminated manuscripts, French medieval literature and courtly love. I have to confess though that only one stamp sprang to mind for use on this theme and that was the background manuscript one from Elusive Images; so I had to trawl through my boxes and draw up a short list. The ones that made it on to the card were the Crafty Individuals border one, the Elusive Images unicorn and the Cherry Pie Belle Ferronniere.

I die cut the tag from manila cardstock and clear embossed the manuscript stamp. Then I applied Antique Linen, Tea Dye and Walnut Stain DIs with a blending tool. The rest of the stamping is in Coffee Archival, and the colouring in DIs and Inktense pencils.

I really wanted to use the little Elusive Images silhouette castle, but it didn't fit in, so I ended up putting it behind a facet. My plan is eventually to put all my tags in an album instead of just having them pile up on a shelf. So the facet can go in the album along with the little rose I made from card coloured with Tea Dye and Walnut Stain.


11 comments:

  1. An elegant tag. Very pretty.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous tag the colours are just perfect! Thank you for sharing your dream with us at the TIO this week. Love Elizabeth x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just dreamy, which is as it should be!!! I LOVE all your elements and the stamps fit the theme perfectly!!
    Frankie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous tag just love everything about it, your album will be smashing. Thank you for sharing with us at Dragon's Dream TIO XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  5. The background manuscript stamp is gorgeous!! I need that stamp... thanks for dreaming with us at TIO and for putting something on my shopping list.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow I love it! Fabulous work! Love the tag. Kim

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the text and border stamps. A real dreamy tag. Thanks for joining us this week on the TIO challenge.
    Wanda xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. So beautiful. I love the colors. They look so medieval!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, wonderful tag, love the unicorn.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely tag, lovely rich colours in the background. Love your facet and flower too. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a superb tag! You have all the elements and the composition and colour is wonderful. Thank you so much for dreaming with us at TIO and hope to see you again soon.

    Janet xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting and taking the time to comment. Much appreciated.