Wednesday, 12 October 2011

WOYWW 123

Another Wednesday morning. A cloudy sky, but enough sunshine and warmth to make it a pleasant day. Time to pop over to Julia's to collect the keys to a whole load of work rooms across the world.

This week sees my table remarkably clear. That's 'cos I had a tidy up after putting the finishing touches to the desk tidy which was the project at Neil Walker's most enjoyable Sunday workshop at the Craft Barn. I'm either going to have to have a bit of shuffle round to be able to accommodate it on my postage stamp desk top, or place it on the adjacent surface. Attached on the right hand side of the tidy is a little notebook with a new cover to fit in with the general look.

On the other side the flower and cat embellishments are made from clay cut with cookie cutters and coloured with Butternut Fresco paint. The cat's stripes are stamped with Venetian Orange archival ink.

The little clay cat is to remind me of my lovely Charlie who is missed so much. It's just over two weeks since it became clear that his medication was no longer dealing with his health problems. I always get so attached to these furry friends, so to lose one is very upsetting. Here he is in the garden where he loved to snooze in the sun, or stalk mice and shrews. A shy but very affectionate boy. I think his fifteen years were really happy ones.



14 comments:

  1. Great craft tidy - looks like it was a lot of fun to make, and so useful - but wouldn't ahve room for that on my desk!

    Your Charlie is beautiful, and I am so sorry - we get so attached they are part of the family.

    Hugs

    Debs x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by, and I am sorry my news upset you too! Great desk, btw!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Charlie reminds me of my Fudge, a stray who we only had for just over a year due to his being diagnosed with CRF. Broke my heart as he was such a lovely cat. And so close to losing my Tabitha who I had had for 19 years. So here is one who can cry with you so easily and fully understand what you are feeling.
    Lovely project on your desk which looks as if it should be on display somewhere in full view. Thanks for sharing, Hugs Neet x #8

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, beautiful desk tidy! Love the little calico kitty on the side and I hope it brings you many happy memories of your Charlie. Sorry you had to let him go.

    Hugs
    Brenda 88

    ReplyDelete
  5. That desk tidy is gorgeous. Sad about Charlie but he will have had a good life.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely desk tidy, like all the little details all around it! Charlie looked a lovely puss - it does leave a huge gap when they go.
    Hugs, LLJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I still miss my two cats and the dog, who each lived beyond 20, but worse of all we won't ever replace them so there is such a pet void. We travel too much so it wouldn't be fair.
    Love your nice neat interesting desk,
    JoZarty x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing your beautiful Charlie and georgeous project.x

    ReplyDelete
  9. ohooo love your boxes and the way they've been decorated and your cat looks like he just might cast a spell if you don't feed him his breakfast!! happy woyww
    (Lyn)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so sorry to hear you lost Charlie ...one knows when it is time to let go. We have so many cats but a loss always hurts ...it never gets easier...I feel I've lost a friend ...and I always miss every one of them.
    On a happier note ...I love your desk tidy xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. sorry to hear you have lost a loved one, remember him fondly.
    your desk tidy looks lovely, all you need to do now is keep your desk tidy!LOL
    not much chance I think!
    thanks for sharing
    janet

    ReplyDelete
  12. It is always hard to lose our pets, but just remember that they have just gone ahead of us and they will be waiting for us on the other side of the Rainbow Bridge. I think those storage things are great, but I would never fit them on my workdesk, so I am interested to see where you put them.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Charlies light will burn forever brightly in your heart hun, he will always be with you.
    but that Tidy is Fantastic, and must have taken hours, well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Have fun with the Christmas stuff - if you want some motivation why not go to my CHNC challenge blog and perhaps make a card to enter this week's challenge (Hazel WOYWW #89) x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting and taking the time to comment. Much appreciated.