My favourite Ally Pally purchase was some Pan Pastels. Now I already have pastels in stick form in my Box of Colours, so I told myself I didn't need more, but these Pan ones seemed different, so I decided to dip my toe in the water with four colours. Trying out what Lin had shown us was lots of fun and I loved the effects achieved. The stick pastels in my box don't work for these techniques, but it did make me experiment with my neglected palettes of chalks which also produce some pleasing effects. And of course, as you can see I have added some new colours to my Pan Pastel stock.
For the chance to peek at workdesks across the world, call in at Julia's. Happy Wednesday.




Lin truly is inspirational with her work. Wish I could have gone to AP to see her. Nice looking crafty desk and I love the red bag at the top - crammed full of useful stuff I guess.
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing - Neet #1
Great desk this week .Hope you get to play some more witht he crafty stash you got at allypally.
ReplyDeleteHave fab wedensday and a creative week .Pop by as i have candy on offer until 26th
hugs Judex9
I like the red bag too - can you dare to reveal the contents?? Don't know what Pan Pastels are, but they sound like fun :D
ReplyDeleteHugs, LLJ xx
Never heard of Pan Pastels! Another new thing for me, love the effect of them though. I also love that bog box of sponges and daubers, etc!
ReplyDeleteHugs
Brenda 67
this is a jam packed desk do you have any room to work? I wish i had one of those spinners
ReplyDeletejanet
Well, however you did it, those two pieces look lovely. I've seen little pots of Pan on other's desks but nothing done with them, so this is nice to see.
ReplyDeleteI do that too, move out to the dining room, and then, onto the kitchen, down the hall... bedroom.... well you have to spread to be creative, don't you! Haven't come across those pan pots of colour before.
ReplyDelete(Lyn)) HappyWOYWW
I recently bought Pan Pastels so maybe you could write what you did to create those pieces. Great desk with lots to see and I love your red tote. Did you make it?
ReplyDeleteCarol