So this week it's Altered Metal with Paint, and I went totally overboard with metal. In fact it's all metal apart from two small pieces of card and some clay. I used a piece of Ten Seconds Studio metal in Dark Chocolate cutting one end with a Tim die and the lacy circle with a Nellie Snellen die; and embossing the metal with TSS moulds. Then I sanded some of the raised bits on the brown metal to reveal the silver. Next I got busy with this week's technique on the metal, and got so carried away that I started looking round for other bits to receive the treatment ! A small old and slightly rusty key, a philosophy tag, and a Tim flower. Then I found a lovely little heart that I'd made from clay in a mould and had painted gold. So these items became the things that were washed up on the shore around the little girl who is coloured with DIs and Inktense pencils.

Wednesday, 2 February 2011
CCC 30 - Altered Metal with Paint
Linda at Studio L3 set us page 48 of the Compendium this week. I have been enjoying these challenges so much and latterly, as each week has passed, I have kept thinking that I didn't want them to end. Now we're in week 30 and the book has 35 pages of techniques, but Linda has just said that the end is not the end. What can she mean? Can't wait to find out. I'd happily do them all again !
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




Oh wow now this is totally fabulous....awesome altered metal my friend. Annette x
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely love this!!! Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous!!!
ReplyDeleteThis is amazing! Looks like and old tin ceiling tile! Love the texture, and look of patina!
ReplyDeletePam
Beautiful!! I'm so glad you got carried away. ;-)
ReplyDeleteYour altered metal is fantastic. It looks like aged metal, the embossing is gorgeous.
ReplyDeleteOh my ... this is so wonderful! Your version of Tim's Technique created the best faux copper patina I've ever seen. Ever. It's beautiful.
ReplyDeleteAnd I adore the sentiment ... I'm copying it down this very minute!
Stunning is the only word to describe your piece for this week's CCC. Just beautiful!
ReplyDeleteSorry I missed WOYWW - 20+ inches of snow kind of gets in the way of getting other things done. This is a beautiful project. LOVE the textures and colors.
ReplyDeleteWow, this is amazing! Looks like patina and all that yummy texture.
ReplyDeleteA stunning project.
ReplyDeleteLove this and TSS metal!
ReplyDeleteLinda
Wow! this is stunning work.
ReplyDeleteLovely piece!
ReplyDeleteThis color combo is divine! You rocked this challenge!
ReplyDeleteIn a word Awesome!
ReplyDeleteHoly cats, this is gorgeous, Minnie_Mac! The paint-altered TSS metal looks incredible. If I didn't know otherwise, I'd truly believe this was a very fine antique piece. You chose your colors perfectly. I love that you kept the embellishments small to let this background take center stage, but even so, the embellishements are just great and so wisely arranged. This is exceptional, my dear. Awesome job!
ReplyDeleteI am just loving what you did with this challenge! Beautiful work of art!
ReplyDelete