I seem to have neglected the blog a bit this past week. Not that I haven't been busy with inks and paints. It's just that I don't seem to have had time to post anything. Last weekend I went to a couple of water colour workshops which were great fun. Of course we used DIs - pads and reinkers - as our water colours. Since then I've made lots of pieces which I've made into cards. This one uses resist/batik and tonal washes in Broken China.

Another memorable event since my last post was a trip to London to attend the Service of Thanksgiving for the life of Dame Joan Sutherland at Westminster Abbey. Some of the most moving moments were when recordings of Dame Joan singing 'Let the Bright Seraphim' and 'Casta Diva' were played in the Abbey.
After the service was over we took some time to walk around the Abbey as it had been some years since we had last visited. Here staff are tidying up the altar area and preparing to snuff out the candles.
The Great West Door where everyone entered and left the Abbey.

This week was also our local Stamp Club where the theme was Serendipity - using up all our little scraps, so a lot of work went into that - which I will post when I have more finished pieces.
And last, but certainly not least, this week is the Compendium Challenge.
Linda at Studio L3 set us page 59 - inking and stamping masks. For the technique see Tim's book, and for lots of lovely examples call in at Linda's. Here I used Bundled Sage, Stormy Skies, Forest Moss and Walnut Stain, and stamps by Tim and The Artistic Stamper.
This is just wonderful! Love the colors, and stamping!
ReplyDeletePam
Love this! Fabulous background colors and masking!
ReplyDeleteLittle Bit of?? Holy cow! Seems like a Large bit of!! LOL! First...the Service at Westminster must have been so moving and inspiring. I visited the Abbby in 9th grade.many years ago. Second, your watercolor piece is just stunning! So simple ans still. And finally your masking...which came out so perfectly. I love the colors you used. Yes, a very nice week indeed.
ReplyDeleteWow it sound like you had a wonderful week. Your work is lovely. Thanks for visiting my blog.
ReplyDeleteOy! Sounds as if you're enjoying the best of life's offerings! Good for you!
ReplyDeleteLove your art, especially this week's Compendium challenge piece! Beautiful!