As frequently happens, I had difficulty getting a good photo. Photography problems are usually down to shiny surfaces or my crafting assistant. This time both factors came into play. In the first photo, there's no shine, but you don't get the texture and colour.
So I tried again, but that's where the assistant came in. First of all she distracted me by jumping on the table and fishing about in a box that I'd been emptying of little scraps of paper.
She was on a mission, and eventually found what she was looking for. A nice shiny strip of TSS metal which she picked out of the box and brought to me in her mouth for my consideration. Oh, well, at least you can see the shine and some of the green colour.
Pop over to Linda's and see lots of great examples of the Rusted Enamel technique.
So I tried again, but that's where the assistant came in. First of all she distracted me by jumping on the table and fishing about in a box that I'd been emptying of little scraps of paper.



Gorgeous! I have always loved those stamps. Yours came out so much better than mine. This might be one of those techs I just can't do right!
ReplyDeleteThis is GORGEOUS, Minnie_Mac! Wow, does that rusted enamel ever look amazing, and I love those Geisha stamps! You inked this so beautifully-- the lovely images seem to glow!
ReplyDeleteI have three assistants who are as helpful as yours! They're also my art critics, who make it a point to pointedly yawn whenever they find my projects boring-- which is to say, always. :-)
This is just gorgeous! I loved this technique. That middle stamp is on a card I got in a trade years ago and I was taken by it. It is so cool. I still have the card on my bulletin board after all this time.
ReplyDeleteI think your photos are fine, and your Assistant should be rewarded for securing that little strip of shiny paper. Your project is beautiful, and I am curious as to what brand of ink you used to stamp your images.
ReplyDeleteYour background looks wonderful! I have trouble taking pictures myself. At least your kitty is there to help!!
ReplyDeletePam
Awww! Hello helper kitty!
ReplyDeleteI feel your photo stress ... I swear I never take a decent photo anymore (and believe me ... I DO swear about it). ho ho
Still, your piece is outstanding! I love the colors, and especially the stamp. Just beautiful (which is probably why kitty wanted to be so close).
Fabulous piece. I understand your photo problems, get my OH to do mine
ReplyDeleteOh wow Minnie Mac this is totally fabulous and loving your stamps. Annette x
ReplyDeleteThis is fabulous, I just love those stamps. I have the benefit of two feline assistants who like to think they are extremely creative.
ReplyDeleteSue x
Wow don't those images look fantastic on the rusted enamel. Gorgeous piece!
ReplyDelete