The rest of the grunginess was indoors and involved me following Tim Holtz' directions to create a resist for a Distress Ink and Perfect Pearls cocktail in order to join in with Linda's Studio L3 challenge. My first attempt was using Black Soot/Pewter, Pumice Stone/Pearl and Fired Brick/Gold. I had a feeling that things weren't going to work out. These colours did make a gorgeous background, but as they were so dark, I had to do my stamping in White Adirondack, and I just didn't like it on the tag which is now consigned to my scraps box. However, I will use the rest of these mixes on a book cover.
My next attempt involved Victorian Velvet/Blush, Faded Jeans/Gold and Worn Lipstick/Pearl. There were also a few squirts of Dusty Concord added to the mix. The background text stamping doesn't show up very well in the photo. The rest of the stamping is in Faded Jeans, Stormy Sky and black Archival, and stamps used are Tim, Paperbag Studios and Wendy Vecchi. The flower is a Tattered Floral stamped with a WV checked design stamp and spritzed with the Victorian Velvet mix, and the ribbon is coloured with V Velvet too.




Beautiful take on the challenge, love your choice of images!
ReplyDeleteSuch soft pretty colors. They blend so well with the stamp choices.
ReplyDeletelove the colours on your tag, soft and subtle, I bet you wondered what had happened when you was invaded by the flock of sheep.....oh well at least they left you a gift....lol
ReplyDeletehugs
Beautiful tag. I think the farmer must have been sillier than the sheep! Valerie
ReplyDeleteTerrific tag and so love your choice of colours. xx Happy muck spreading........lol
ReplyDeleteEven though your sheep visit is troublesome for you, it sounds romantic to me. I would love to live in the country. Otherwise I love how your tag turned out. Your background is subtle and soft! very pretty!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful stamping!! Love the sheep story. We live in the country too - haven't had any sheep as visitors, but have had goats and the odd horse here and there. It's always quite a shock to look out the window and see a horse grazing in my backyard. I wouldn't be happy if he was grazing in my garden, tho!
ReplyDeleteGorgeous tag there and such lovely colours.
ReplyDeleteI am afraid the sheep problems comes with the loveliness of living out in the sticks. I have had the same problem to. Thanks on the tip for the "gifts" though - hadn't heard of that for clematis. Have some from last night so will scoop it up tomorrow!!
I love the stamp you used on your tag! great piece for this challenge.
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely beautiful stamping!
ReplyDeleteWow-- sheep, art, grunge, grumpy cats… it's like an operetta over there! But compost is always a good thing, right?
ReplyDeleteThis tag is really beautiful, both in color choice and design. I love how you combined the imagery, and the GM technique worked perfectly. It's sweet and lovely and an elegant balance to a sheep-filled morning!
Great story - have you encountered Sheep Poo Paper?! Could be your next crafting venture!!!!
ReplyDeleteGreat muted tones and lovely image on your tag.