Wednesday, 29 June 2011

WOYWW 108

"What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday?" asks Julia at Stamping Ground for the 108th time. Well, see what's on mine.

The alcohol inks are left over from my work on Tuesday on the Grungy Monday challenge. The assorted die-cuts I have fished out a of bits-and-pieces box in the hope that some might be part of a journal page collage. The glue gun I had plugged in yesterday morning to use to attach some flowers to a tag. Only I got distracted (not unusual) and some minutes later ended up with a large blob of molten glue on the craft sheet. Speaking of craft sheets, have you noticed how clean mine is? That's because this is a new one, and a jumbo one at that. Covers the whole table. The old one was horribly stained, or should I say beautifully stained, and had bits snipped out of its edges where I'd got a bit reckless with the scissors. I've kept it for use when crafting on the move. In the middle in front of the wire basket is a tag which is a new attempt at last week's GM challenge, the one using clear EP as a resist to acrylic paint on Tim papers. Still to be finished. Oh, and the two white porcelain containers sitting one inside the other are always to hand. Originally I thought I would use them as water pots when painting, but they now have a different and important purpose. I keep a baby wipe in the bottom one. I often find that when I've used a wipe, it's not messy enough to throw away, so I pop it into one little bowl and put the other bowl on top. The wipe stays moist ready for use another day. Waste not, want not !

Happy Wednesday, folks.

13 comments:

  1. Well, it's tidier than mine again! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots on show - love your clean craft sheet - I bought a new one a while ago - but am still using the old nearly wrecked one. Don't want to spoil the new one yet!! How daft is that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So much to snoop round today....exactly which 2" space do you craft in? :-)
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have one of those cream and brown canvas boxes too - not a clue where I got it from. The polystyrene(?) holder for your ink bottles to the left intrigue me.
    As for babywipes, I put mine in a poly bag and use them over and over until they are dirty. Blame it on getting my thrift badge in the Girl Guides. Hugs, Neet

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your desk looks so much fun and very creative...my sheet is about to die too... hope you find time and an inch to work in!
    Hope you will call by Friday for the first My Mojo Monthly. Thanks for sharing today.
    Sarah at 6.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aha! A babywipe thing! I have a little plastic pot with a lid on it. I try and use the wipes as quickly as possible, tho, because I found a while ago that if you keep them too long they start to smell funny! (The unused ones!)

    Can't see where you actually craft on that desk, lol.
    Helen S

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous busy desk to peek at.Absolutely love the tag in below post the colours are fab.I also tend not to use the lighter inks dont know why as that looks beautiful!
    Happy Woyww and have creative week
    hugs judex88

    ReplyDelete
  8. So much lurking on your desk! I would love to come and play there! You must be a very clean crafter, because trust me, after I have used a wipe, it NEEDS to be thrown away! LOL
    Happy WOYWW

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am with Wispo as to wondering which 2" square you work in.
    I have been looking at my craft mat wondering when I should change it - not quite yet. Where did you get such a large one?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love looking at these oh so creative desks. Awesome idea to save the wet wipe that way. I have been tossing them when I quit crafting cause I know they will be dry when I come back. Thanks for sharing. Vickie #39

    ReplyDelete
  11. Like Neet I put my partly used wetwipe in a sandwich bag to use again. It gives a nice tie dye effect sometimes and makes me think I should keep it for some crafty project!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This photo looks like So Much Fun is being had!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for the great tip about the baby wipes! Never thought they could last till the next day! Patsy from
    HeARTworks

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting and taking the time to comment. Much appreciated.