Friday, 17 June 2011

Grungy Monday 11

All the details of the batik technique in this week's challenge from Linda at Studio L3 can be found here at Tim Holtz' blog. Many thanks, Linda, for another fun challenge.

For my piece I've used Scattered Straw, Wild Honey, Rusty Hinge, Brushed Corduroy and Walnut Stain DIs, and Lost Coast and Crafty Individuals stamps.


In my vase this week are Aloha, Shropshire Lad, Albertine and Madame Isaac Pereire, and the winner in the perfume stakes is the lovely Bourbon rose Mme Pereire, the vivid pink Rosa on the right. However, I do love Albertine too. Her blooms are loose and blowsy, very characteristic in shape, but she is a vicious minx ! The fallen petals from last week's vase of roses are now in a basket in the living room still giving off their rich scent.


6 comments:

  1. ohhhh those roses look lovely I bet the scent is heavenly, the tag looks great lovely colour combo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely tag and wonderful roses, I thought I could smell them! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cat stamp is perfect for your design and technique, love your tag. The roses look gorgeous. Enjoy the weekend, Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  4. love this - the pattern inside the cat is wonderful and great how she looks at the butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi again, saw your comment on Albertine and just have to agree with you - the loveliest rose, the colour and perfume are to die for, but absolutely vicious when it comes to pruning. Elizabeth x #74

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this tag - but the strange thing is that I am not a lover of cats!!
    Those roses are soooo pretty too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting and taking the time to comment. Much appreciated.