Thursday, 9 June 2011

Distress Inks, Tags and What's New in the Garden

This week Linda at Studio L3 has set us a challenge to use Distress Ink. No problem for me then, because if I were cast away on a desert island and was allowed to have only one kind of colouring medium with me, it would be my DIs ! As always, in this challenge we take our inspiration from the one and only Tim Holtz.

When I'm wrapping a gift I usually like to finish it off with a handmade tag, luggage label size, and find that these end up being kept by friends and used as bookmarks. I have a birthday present all wrapped ready to deliver tonight, so have made a tag which also fits in with this week's Simon Says Stamp and Show a Tag challenge.

The tag was cut with the Tim die and coloured both sides with Faded Jeans using a blending tool. I ran it through the Big Shot with damask effect, buttons and zigzag stitching embossing folders and then coloured the raised parts with a Fired Brick pad. The roses are made with papers from Tim's Vintage Shabby pad, some smeared with Fired Brick and others left as is. The dress form and butterfly are covered with UTEE. The white satin ribbon has been coloured with Fired Brick.


In the garden this morning I was delighted to find the first of the lilies in flower, and these are one of my all-time favourites, the Regale, so I'm looking forward to going out there in the cool of the evening when their perfume will fill the air.


Another attraction in the garden these days is mum and one-week-old chicks. So difficult to get a decent photo as, when they're not hiding under mum to keep warm, they're darting about while she fusses, and each photo attempt ends up spoilt with at least one fluffy blur.


Here she has just found a tasty morsel and has excitedly called her little ones, so all we can see is bottoms as they search for those yummy crumbs.

9 comments:

  1. Gorgeous tag, thanks for sharing those cut chicks too! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful tag and love your background. Those chicks are so cute. Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely tag , the butterfly is very pretty especially with those little beads. the chicks are sooo adorable.
    thanks for sharing and enjoy your perfumed lillies
    janet

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE your tag!! Isn't the dress form just the bomb???
    My lilies are a little behind yours in getting ready to bloom - can't wait to see & smell them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty, girly tag!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the embossing and colour contrasts with the die - great tag. I'm enjoying GM too and also thank you for joining in with Simon Says Stamp & Show!
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great tag, I love that richly coloured damask background! The Design Team are really pleased that you joined us for the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge this week - Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great tag! I really love this die and you made great use of it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. DI is my "Desert Island" product, too! Your tag really shows it at its finest, too, and the soft color palette is just perfect for this sweet design. The roses are gorgeous, too!

    Those baby chicks are the CUTEST! Aw, I just want to (very gently) hug them. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting and taking the time to comment. Much appreciated.