Tuesday, 28 June 2011

Grungy Monday 13

This week's challenge at Linda's Studio L3 is to use alcohol inks as demoed by Tim in this five minute video on the Ranger website. And how about this, it's only Tuesday and I've completed this Grungy Monday piece. Am off to polish my halo.

I've long been a fan of AIs, and I use them quite a lot. For this challenge I decided to have a rummage through all my inks, and play around with the ones I had perhaps used less. As it turned out, I realised that I don't use the range of lights as much as I could. So today I chose Cool Peri, Willow and Pink Sherbet to colour the background, the roses and the ribbon. The edges are coloured with Black Soot DI and the stamps are Stampfrancisco and Tanda in Black Archival. I don't know where the quote came from: it's just one of those stamps in my Words & Phrases box without a label !

I was quite pleased with how this had turned out as I was planning for it to be a friend's birthday gift tag. The colours look good on the glossy card background. Just a shame my photography doesn't capture the effect. However, I'm not alone in this. Recently I saw a display of artwork which also appears on a blog, and was so glad to have been able to see it in real life to appreciate the textures and colours and dimensional effects that the camera had not captured.

14 comments:

  1. Your tag is so beautiful, fabulous background and stamping. Brilliant work my friend. Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  2. the colours for the background look real pretty,
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. The stamps really stand out against this back ground so pretty

    Dxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a beautiful tag! So delicate! Love the colours, and the silouette really pops! Great technique!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhhh. Great tag with the music theme. Love the black lace and trim too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a lovely tag. I love those beautiful soft background colours, and great music theme.
    Sue:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty! Love that stamp and the quote is one of my faves.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great tag! Your friend will surely be pleased with it! Even though you don't like the way your colors come out in the picture I think they are beautiful. This tag has a soft look and it is dynamic with the dancing silhouette! great job with this weeks challenge Minnie-Mac.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous tag, love the silhouette.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is really pretty. Love those soft colours. Haven't done mine yet as I am trying to decide what stamp I want to use!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a delightful tag! Love that image!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great tag! I love the stamp you used in the middle.

    ReplyDelete
  13. A very delicate background that goes perfectly with the silhouette.
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your colors and elements all work together perfectly. A wonderful work of art...Donna

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting and taking the time to comment. Much appreciated.