Wednesday, 16 June 2010

WOYWW

It's that day again when Julia over on her Stamping Ground blog makes it possible for all of us to get into Nosey Parker mode and ogle at other people's workdesks with her WOYWW (What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday). So pop over there and join in the fun.

Well, there's been a change to my workspace. You may remember from previous weeks that by the time I have laid out the stuff I am going to use on my table, I usually end up with a space the size of a postage stamp to work on.

On Saturday when I was at the Craft Barn Extravaganza in Lingfield I passed a shop selling secondhand pine. I put myself in reverse gear and stepped into the shop to see if they might have a small set of shelves. And indeed they had several. So on my way back to the car I made a purchase and you can see it sitting on my desk. There I can put all the stuff I am currently working with and have it arranged vertically, conveniently in front of me. Naturally I made a few other purchases on Saturday, one of which was a dinky little naked set of drawers. I've already started to decorate it.

I have actually spilt out of the work space and on to the kitchen table these past few days. This is because of the meltpot stuff I've been doing thanks to the fabby demos by Suze Weinberg. Decided it would be safer to have a bigger space. Trouble is, it has got left there as I am really into this beeswax.

Till next Wednesday. Have a happy week.

32 comments:

  1. Gosh your workspaces look really busy this week. It's good to see lots going on.
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  2. The little drawers are cute - lovel the colours you're using! The itchen table too huh - multi tasking! You seemto have all the stuff there...I have no idea what you're doing though!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh that table is positively creaking with stuff !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Julia. Thanks for visiting. There some stuff on Tuesday's post.

    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. great looking busy desk and kitchen table! thanks for sharing, have a great day!
    hugs
    Michelle
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. A busy desk you have. The pine shelves look great.
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like you've been having fun. Love the littel drawers :-)
    Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great table, love your new shelves! S x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like you have lots going on, those little draws look very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  10. great find with the shelves. you've invented a new method "spill over"! which I suppose comes after push back.
    Linbyx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your "spill over" what are you making with the beeswax? I use my melt pot to make mini candles :)
    *hugs* Heather x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! What a creative workspace! Looks like you are having lots of fun there!
    Jane
    x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooh, we may have been there together! I thought I was very good, didn't spend as much as I thought I would!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a clever idea about the shelf unit and the little drawers look so sweet!
    Huge amounts of gorgeousness on that kitchen table, but beeswax!! what's that all about?

    ReplyDelete
  15. oh fab table hun,love the shelf unit too
    love hugs cheryl xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous shelf unit,what a great find!

    ReplyDelete
  17. great buys, i have a melt pot but rarely use it. i really need to have a go at the beeswax, though not sure where to start.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Amazing workspaces this week - very creative. Love the new shelves.

    XX

    ReplyDelete
  19. You're very creative this week.

    Hugs
    Penni
    X

    ReplyDelete
  20. looks like you are working like crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love your storage and those mini draws, good idea to keep everything your working on to hand. Thanks for the snoop. Have a good evening, Tracy Evans x

    ReplyDelete
  22. I laughed when I saw this as it still looks like you've managed to fill your working space with stuff! I too have a decent sized workspace but somehow end up working on a tiny portion of it! x

    ReplyDelete
  23. yep me too!! (spread) well, the dining table in the living room and the hall and the....great crafty-ness!
    (lyn)

    ReplyDelete
  24. your space is "ooooooozing" creativity!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Gosh there is just so much going on!!! Love your soace and shelves they are jam packed with goodies looks like another purchase may be on the cards!! Chanelle xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great work space xx I love my melt pot, can;t wait to see what you do xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Nice to store your "working with" items on the shelves I use little baskets for mine so that they can travel with me to the dining room table if need be! I have a melt pot too - arent they fab!

    ReplyDelete
  28. nice set of shelves, I walked past that shop a no of times, and any other day would have had a good old nosey in there, only other shop i went in was the charity shop next to the CB, I manged to miss Crafty individuals and only got to see bits of suze, boo hoo, tried to get a giveaway, said I was 21, NOT, hehe

    ReplyDelete
  29. Ooh, I love to come and play with your meltpot, looking forward to seeing your creations!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Oooh both your desk and your table look like busy fun places to be. Hope you show us the little drawers when they're finished as I have several sets waiting for some special treatment.

    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  31. I love working with beeswax, too. Lots of fun and you were smart to get more room for that project.

    Those little drawers are so cute. Sorry I missed you last week. I thought I would get to everyone, but well, you understand. I sure can't wait to see the finished drawers, though.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting and taking the time to comment. Much appreciated.