Tuesday, 28 September 2010

Compendium Challenge No 16 - Wrinkle Free Distress

We're now at number 16 of the challenges at Linda's Studio L3 blog. Follow the link for all the information. It's page 33 of Tim's Compendium, and a technique that I often use.

I started out with the idea of using a specific set of stamps, but after I'd used the DIs (Broken China, Scattered Straw, Mustard Seed, and Stormy Sky), the colours and spots and splashes changed my mind about the stamping, and I decided instead to use some of the Crafty Individuals seaside stamps. I also used some Promarkers, the Inkessentials white pen, some Mermaid and Aqua Stickles, and a few blasts of Sea Glass and Iridescent Gold Glimmer Mists.

13 comments:

  1. This is beautiful! Love the colors, the stamps, all of it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. the colours are beautiful - very seasidey! The stamps are beautiful too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovely - great colours and I love the scene you have created.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! Love the colours and that stamp is one of my favorites too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just gorgeous! the colours work really well with the stamps. I think this technique is definitely unpredictable, I love it but it never comes out how I imagined with the colours I had chosen.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The wrinkle free distress is a perfect background for those great stamps. Looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful colours & stamping!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so pretty, gorgeous colours and I love those stamps.
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a pretty seaside project love the colours and you've used some of my favourite stamps from crafty Individuals

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow what gorgeous stamps and such a great scene, love it. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Brilliant use of images. I love the background colors and the entire little scene!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Minnie_Mac, this is some of the most amazing use of color I've ever seen! What a GORGEOUS tag this is! I love the watery feel of the background-- it's beyond perfect for these awesome stamps, and is such a beautiful example of how elegant the wrinkle-free distress technique can be.

    You were so smart to go with your instinct and use the stamps that felt right after you'd created the background. You truly couldn't have made a lovelier choice. This is a stunner!

    ReplyDelete
  13. wonderful use of an excellent background. love that you managed a viable scene from your technique. great job

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting and taking the time to comment. Much appreciated.