Wednesday, 29 September 2010

WOYWW 69

It's Wednesday again and time to hop over to Julia's blog to join in the weekly snoop at other people's work spaces.

Yesterday I decamped to the kitchen table with my big 26" x 18" Messy Mat to have plenty of room to splosh about with paint and water. I'm doing calendar months in my big A4 journalling book. I was enthused to do more of this after watching Dyan Reaveley's great demo using her acrylics to make backgrounds at Ally Pally at the weekend. She works with such speed, and I decided that that is the best way for me to get on with it; so I now have 5 pages with a bit of colour on. They have dried out overnight, and are ready for more work on them. The book is open at what I am planning to be my October pages. You will see that I succumbed to a couple of pots of Dyan's acrylic paints, and a bottle of her mica spray is now in my box of sprays upstairs. The paints and sprays are in fabulous vibrant colours.

So this morning it was breakfast off the coffee table in the living room !

I also have on my table my 2010 yearbook to do a bit more to it. I made this with my Bind-it-all back in January to hold photos, tags, and bits and bobs to remind me of all the best moments of the year.

22 comments:

  1. It looks like you are having great fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lot of beautiful work on your blog and that Annemieken Meike book is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely to see your WIPs today. Look forward to seeing how they progress.
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi ya
    lovely creative piccie, look forward to seeing some more of your book,have great day, happy WOYWW, sue,x

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi hun oh looks like you are having great fun here,look forward to seeing more of your book,I went to ally pally too hun,hugs cheryl xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those pages looks great - now I'd have NO space to spread out like that, more's the pity. Love the colours of Dy's sprays and paint - would have loved to have bought some on Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm thinking you have a splendid autumnal start to your October page - looking forward to seeing what you do with it :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely colours - you have some stunning work on your blog and a wonderful style. Hope to see more...
    sarah (sasa 27)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh that looks great - I think you're right - decide to do it and then carry it out at speed a la DR and it all seems to come out satisfactorily.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love those pages :-) Dyan's sprays are fab but I haven't got any of her paints yet, they look wonderful too
    Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely pages. Can't wait to see what you do next
    Happy WOYWW
    Carol (84)

    ReplyDelete
  12. It looks as though your pages are coming along great - and sounds like you're having fun too! I was at AllyPally last weekend too, but unfortunately I couldn't get near Dylan's stall - such is her popularity! Oh well, maybe next time.

    Sherry (104)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lots of space on your table for creativity, and plenty of beautiful WIP. I have really enjoyed taking a peek at your blog - love your style!
    Sylvia x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Morning

    Looks fun, please show us the finished item

    Thanks for sharing with us, enjoy your day

    Hugs Candace #86

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just get stuck in there and carry on with the painting. You have done some nice backgrounds already
    Sue xx 15

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi there, ooh you lucky thing all that beautiful big table to get inky and messy with, your pages look great! Looking through your blog, you are really trying lots of lovely techniques and having a ball, very inspirational.
    Thanks for visiting my blog and your kind comments:0) xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. I do like the sounds of your big mat. Love the colours on your two new pages.

    Hugs
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  18. Speedy and scrummy! Those backgrounds look great and full of autumn-ness (should such a word exist). Also looking forward to seeing the finished item.

    ReplyDelete
  19. You look like your having so much fun there, thanks for the snoop. nnalorac.x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sorry I am late looking - have spent the last two days at Artisan where, I too, have remembered how quick and easy it is paint things (did 2 classes with painting which lasted 45 mins and we got the projects completed) so am hoping to spend today catching up with my UFOs by painting them! love the look of your journal - have fun finishing it!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Those are some pretty awesome backgrounds. It's good to see someone who paints. Sorry I'm late getting here. It's been a busy, but totally dysfunctional week. (I'm #1).

    ReplyDelete
  22. That sounds like such fun, I do like spraying and splashing and swiping! Well done for keeping up your year book, as well.
    Helen (16)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting and taking the time to comment. Much appreciated.