Sunday, 13 March 2011

CCC 35 - Design Details

Well, here we are at week 35 of the Compendium of Curiosities challenges, and we've done all 35 of the techniques. So I decided that this piece has to be a little bit celebratory. Therefore, out comes the bunting and the gooey cakes. The star is for Linda of Studio L3 who has organised this genius challenge. The star is also for all the people who have joined in and shown us such a wealth of inspiring creativity, for the people who have donated the prizes, and of course, the compendium creator, Tim. And the heart to say how much I've loved these challenges, and seeing what others have done.

Materials used: TSS silver metal passed through the Big Shot in a TH embossing folder, and dabbed with Antique White and Dusky Pink Kaisercolour paint; TH paper; and Molly Bloom stamps from a new magazine called Simply Homemade.

Thanks so much Linda for all the fun you've given us. Can't wait to find out what is in store for us next week !


9 comments:

  1. Oooh we all love a teaparty and this is so sweet. Beautiful design, loving that bunting and your great stitching, so neat and a great background. I have so enjoyed sharing this adventure with you and appreciate your wonderful support. Its been fun hasn't it.
    Take care and have a lovely weekend, Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful tribute.It is all so cheery and fun-just like our technique journey! Thanks for all of your inspiration. See you on the next one. Cheers...Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really a great page. I love the metal and how you used paint on it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Minnie_Mac, my heart grew three sizes reading your lovely blog post-- and seeing this spectacular work of art you've created for the CCC Grand Finale! It's absolutely gorgeous, honey The colors and sweet imagery are delightful, and the shiny metal is so, SO elegant! You incorporate the stitching perfectly-- it looks great and is beautifully done. The little red pennant banner is darling! And, you know I love cake!

    Thank you so much for being such a delightful part of the CCC! Your art, and your spirit, are wonderful, and I'm thrilled to know that you'll be here for the next chapter. It's going to be SO much fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh wow love this,the metal is amazing finished off with some amazing stitching,brilliant layout hugs cheryl xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great details. I love how this resembles a quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a lovely tribute! Love your metal work!
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so awesome! I love the textures and images and colors ... and not *only* because I'm a pink freak! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your tribute and all these fabulous images! The TF embossing is totally fabulous! It has been fun to visit and looking forward to the next chapter!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting and taking the time to comment. Much appreciated.