Wednesday, 16 March 2011

WOYWW 93

Yesterday was MOT and service day for the old jalopy, so, afraid that I wouldn't hear from upstairs the phone ringing with the dreaded call about how many arms and legs it was going to cost, I decamped to the kitchen to have a very enjoyable craft day putting together a new circle journal ready for this week's Stamp Club meeting.

When I got up this morning this was the sight that greeted me on the kitchen table. Quite a jumble of stuff. Part of the circle journal is lying on the box just to the left.

A closer look. I've used my favourite Graphic 45 papers for most of it. I've done both covers, inside covers, the first page and last page, and some tags for contributors to sign. This is page 1. The cover is on a nearby shelf waiting for the Crackle Accents to dry. I've done some of the stamping and embellishing, but there's still quite a bit to do. Will post more later. It's called 'Inspiration' and I will be asking contributors to use their favourite materials and just go where their inspiration takes them and include at least one quote which is inspirational for them. I'm using my favourite papers, inks, paints, stamps and embellishments with a steampunky sort of a feel .

And of course there's the overspill on the floor.

And yes, jalopy did cost me an arm and a leg. I think we will have to part company before the next MOT !

For the keys to the doors of more craftrooms than you could shake a stick at, call round at Julia's Stamping Ground blog.




17 comments:

  1. amazing altered book need to see if i can get these papers int he uk as i have not come across them and they are gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for letting us see this glorious pile of goodies - love your creativity!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh Minnie - I just love your book - such great colours! Love your work. Happy WOYWW xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your circle journal looks gorgeous, I love the PP's and colour combo. Lots of lovely stamps I see too!!
    Have a great WOYWW,
    Karen #73

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful journal MM, love all the colours and textures on it. Great pile of stuff all around your too, love it all. I replaced my old jalopy last August for similar reasons.

    Hugs
    Brenda 114

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the colours and images you chose for your journal, lots of great goodies cluttering up the table, awesome. Cars can cost a lot I know, but beats walking, lol. Blessings Hilde

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh - loving that Steampunk! Think I am going to have to submit and use my Graphic 45 papers instead of looking at them. Thanks for the inspiration!
    Nice busy desk you have - good to see. Thanks for sharing. #15

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm having a really busy week but am quickly dropping by to make sure all our WOYWW friends get the chance to win the last of our weekly draws before the BIG one over in our blog shop. Pop over and join in the fun. Good luck.
    Hugs,
    A x
    http://sisterscraftycreations.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Circle journal is very nice! Love all your stamps! Similar week with my old jalopy! I had to put new tires and get the brakes redone! Set me back over a grand and still need to get some things done! Thanks for sharing! Vickie #52

    ReplyDelete
  10. You did well.I'm hopeless at moving bits to another room. As soon as I sit down, I realise what else I've left behind...in the end it puts me off! Nice idea for a circle journal, have loads of inspiring text stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like you have been very busy creating. Your circle journal is lovely, the papers are very pretty.
    Have a great day,
    Jovi #141

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the look of your circle journal, those papers are stunning aren't they? I'm not sure about coming down in the morning and finding my kitchen table looking that way... I might freak out a bit!! LOL Annette #5

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your cover is stunning! Forgive me, but is a circle journal one of those you send out to other artists to create a page in, and then in turn they send it to someone else? Thanks for stopping by my desk. Happy WOYWW #19

    ReplyDelete
  14. You know what all of that looks like? FUN!

    Which is really nice because of the arm and a leg thing ... cars with no payments are wonderful ... until they need fixing. :) ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your circle book is stunning. And look at all those delicious toys on your desk! And a tv remote - I would luv to have a tv in my studio space. Glad you had something to take your mind off the cost of the clunker.
    Hugs,
    Vicki 171 A little inkling

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you so much for calling by! Love your journal - I too have a TV in here - but don't often have it on as I get too engrossed. Must try harder to multi-task! Di x

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a lovely book! Nice busy desk.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting and taking the time to comment. Much appreciated.