And then Tim Holtz came on telly last week and distracted me from the new stamp set, and made me get out my bright coloured alcohol inks and embossing folders to play with.Wednesday, 2 March 2011
EDOW (Easily Distracted on Wednesdays) ... or any other day
In a previous post I mentioned having done a 'Serendipity' evening at our local stamp club. That was when we used lots of our scraps of card and paper to make a kind of masterboard which we then went on to stamp and embellish to use on cards, ATCs and other projects. Most of us in fact spent most of the evening just doing the masterboard bit. So I brought home several sheets to play with. However, I've only just got around to trying to use them, and on my desk today are two pieces I've cut with a jigsaw die ready to use on cards. To the left is another piece I've already started to cut to make ATCs. In the middle is a little heap of stamps I've been using recently. If you are reading this post, chances are you got here via Julia's Stamping Ground blog where you will get directions to visit other Wednesday workdesks.
I would have posted this earlier, but succumbed to yet another distraction. As I was loading my photo, She-who-must-be-obeyed started miauling loudly and insistently. She wanted to get into the shower room (one of the few rooms in the house that she hasn't managed to open the door to herself). I always leave a bowl of water in there for her. She likes to drink in different places around the house. Dripping taps are especially attractive, and I always leave the loo cover closed - just in case. Anyway, here she is asking , no demanding that the door be opened.
As I took the photo I noticed that the lovely sunshine outside was casting a pretty shadow of the climbing rose just outside on to the shower room door, and the next time I looked I saw that Daisby was bird-watching from the window !
What distracted me from using my Serendipity masterboard was the need to make some ATCs and to use my new Oxford Impressions stamp set.
And then Tim Holtz came on telly last week and distracted me from the new stamp set, and made me get out my bright coloured alcohol inks and embossing folders to play with.
And then Tim Holtz came on telly last week and distracted me from the new stamp set, and made me get out my bright coloured alcohol inks and embossing folders to play with.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






I rather like your distractions :-)
ReplyDeleteDon't forget to pop over to our shop and put your name down in the next gift draw.
http://sisterscraftycreations.blogspot.com/
Hugs,
A x
And I am loving your distractions - what gorgeous work!
ReplyDeleteWonderful ATC's - you must not be distracted all the time.
ReplyDeleteGorgeous ATC's, it's so funny how our little fur balls rule the nest lol
ReplyDeleteThanks for the peek and sharing. Have a great WOYWW.
Hugs, Marjo #5
You have a very cute distraction. And what great photos!
ReplyDeleteWhat great distractions!! Our cat used to do that too - ask to go into places she really shouldn't - lol.
ReplyDeleteLove your colourful ATCs!
Sherry (118)
oops, forgot to say I think your blog header is brilliant!
ReplyDeleteI too can get easily distracted by anything that is more fun than chores around the house....love your results of being distracted.
ReplyDeleteYour images are gorgeous- as is your cat! I too had one that like to drink from dripping taps- although my current one will absolutely not touch tap water. He will go outside & drink from puddles, or the pond, but not from a tap! Makes me wonder whats in it.... lol. TFS, Shaz #125
ReplyDeleteBeautiful distractions on what looked like a beautiful day. Hope you got out into your garden too. I cam across a blog where the lady took all her small scraps of similarly coloured card and paper, stuck them all down on to card in a patchwork fashion and then cut out shapes with her nesties. She used these as backing pieces for stamped and cut out images, have been meaning to give this a go for ages! Have a great weekend.
ReplyDeleteHugs
Brenda 98
Oh that pussy cat - how funny! Your distractions have really paid off though - my goodness how prolific! Love the masterboards, what a great idea.
ReplyDelete