Friday, 20 May 2011

Grungy Monday 7

This week's Grungy Monday challenge at Linda's Studio L3 blog is to use Tim Holtz' Distress Ink Colour Blocking technique as demoed by Tim here.

Not something I'd seen done before or thought of doing, but I can see I will be making use of the idea in the future. When I stamped in the blocks that I made in this, my first attempt, the result made me think of tiles, so I applied some Ranger white Enamel Accents to look like grout, and then Glossy Accents over the blocks.

The tag isn't finished yet, and I want to add some embellishments, but haven't had any bright ideas yet. Will leave it on my desk in the hope that inspiration will strike.

10 comments:

  1. Brilliant! Grout, glossy accents, the colors the stamping! I love it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool... Looks like stained glass.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful. Looks like glass tiles! Can't wait to see what else you add :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a brill idea looking forward to seeing the end result
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful colours! I wonder what you will put on it now?

    ReplyDelete
  6. looks just great and I cannot wait to see ow it turns out...
    Thanks for sharing,
    Sarah at 46

    ReplyDelete
  7. This isn't FINISHED? Say it isn't so! It's already gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I looove the look of this tag! Great colours too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I belive inspiration will strike like lighting for your awesome tag. I think this is the coolest take on the challenge. Looks great as it is.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cool idea, can't wait to see how you finish it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting and taking the time to comment. Much appreciated.