I've gone back to using a family photo again - this time of my grandmother. Sadly I never knew her as she died too young of leukaemia, but I do know that she was a gardener, a musician and a champion golfer, and I've taken up the gardening theme here. I've done a batik background as in last week's challenge with Old Paper, Victorian Velvet and Peeled Paper DIs, some stamping with the latter two DIs, and I've used Peeled Paint and Tea Dye Distress embossing powders for the enamel bit.
Now a closer look at the chipped enamel on a memory frame. I decided that the garden twine that I use to tie up plants was the right colour and texture to put on the frame, so ended up out in the garden shed with a torch, rummaging to find what I wanted. It's a lovely balmy night, and I could hear the screeching of an owl as I walked in the garden.




This is totally fabulous, adore your batik, the picture, the watering can, yep everything, really smashing. Annette x
ReplyDeleteMinnie Mac, once again, you've made a gorgeous work of art for the CCC! You did a great job with the chipped enamel technique on the Memory Frame, and the batik background is absolutely beautiful. I love the layers of color in your stamping-- it's such an elegant vintage look. What a lovely tribute to your grandmother.
ReplyDeleteHmmm.... there are four little paws in my house that look very much like the one belonging to your helper! If your kitty a Russian Blue? Our little adopted stray has that same coloring.
This is so very beautiful. I love how the chipped enamel came out and so did the batik technique.
ReplyDeleteThis is a beatiful tag, with such a wonderful sentiment. I love it. PS that is a very elegant little kitty paw, Ding Ding is rather taken!!
ReplyDeleteSue x
Gorgeous tag :) just love the soft colours
ReplyDeletexx
Love your tag, great tribute to your grandmother and lovely colours.
ReplyDeleteOH WOW...FABULOUS Piece, Marilyn!
ReplyDeleteLovely! I really like the chipped enamel flower pot and the batik background. I love being able to use antique photographs of my family.
ReplyDeleteLove the ink with the resist on the roses - great piece!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful tag and wonderful tribute to your grandmother.
ReplyDelete