It was really difficult to get a photo. The first few turned out gold rather than silver. I finally managed to get a truer representation of the colours and an idea of the texture from the brushstrokes, but the reflection off the left hand side obscures the stamping a bit. As I am in a rush, I have to make do with this.
Saturday, 25 September 2010
Compendium Challenge No 15
This week's challenge set by Linda at her Studio L3 blog is the Alcohol Ink Agate on Grunge technique shown on page 53 of Tim Holtz' Compendium of Curiosities. I've used alcohol inks in quite a number of ways but hadn't come across this idea before. The surface I chose was chipboard, and the inks were Lettuce, Meadow, Stonewashed, Denim and Rust with Silver Mixative. I was very pleased with the effect this gives, and will definitely be doing some more.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




Oh its just beautiful Minnie-Mac, I adore it. x
ReplyDeleteThis is just gorgeous! I think some of the techniques are hard to photograph but you still can see it very well.
ReplyDeleteIt looks excellent! Love the stamps you've used. x
ReplyDeletethat piece is simply stunning! wow
ReplyDeleteBeautiful Agate on Grunge background! Just love the stamps you used on this awesome piece!
ReplyDeleteMinnie_Mac, you're done it again! Another gorgeous CCC creation, and another perfectly-executed technique! The colors are beautiful and soft, and the stamps are just great (LOVE those little nesting birds!). It's both sweet and elegant, and a beautiful example of this week's challenge.
ReplyDeleteThis is just sooooo pretty. Love it.
ReplyDeleteSue xx
Really lovely piece, fab colours!
ReplyDelete