I do enjoy working on tags, so I set to work on this challenge last night. My plan was to do a collage using some rather nice Japanese paper that I had squirrelled away, along with toning distress inks, my Crafty Individuals Japanese lady stamp and some Tanda oriental stamps. However, as often happens with me, I didn't like the effect of the paper, so abandoned my original idea. I did press ahead with the other materials, and the colours I had in mind, and completed a tag. I wasn't very happy with that so I did another. The DIs are Antique Linen and Stormy Sky, and the stamping is in Coffee Archival. The Archival was taking a bit of time to dry, so I brushed some Perfect Gold Perfect Pearls over the circular flower images at the top of the tag, and found it gave a pleasing effect. The flower was a bright pink wooden flower that I came by some time ago. I didn't like the pink and painted it brown. This was ages ago and for a specific project. Of course I then decided it wasn't right for the project after all and popped it back in the embellishments box. You see, it all gets used eventually !
This morning I decided that my first attempt wasn't too bad after all, so here it is. Japanese grunge !
Thursday, 11 November 2010
Tag It On Challenge - East
Jo of the JoZart blog kindly drew my attention to the Tag It On East challenge which can be found at the Tag It On Challenge blog. Jo is guest hostess, and has been working with some beautiful oriental stamps which she has designed herself. I am so impressed with the stamps and the cards she has created. Fabulous !
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




How lovely, so rich and the classiest of grunge! I love that Geisha image, one of my favourites.
ReplyDeleteJoZarty
Oooh wow they are fabulous. Annette x
ReplyDeleteSuper gorgeous! I'm no expert in grunge so I'd say Asian Elegance instead.
ReplyDeleteGorgeous grundy tag, Marilyn!
ReplyDeleteLovely work.... So glad you showed us both!!! sorry to be late visiting but I have been poorly. Thanks for dreaming with us this week
ReplyDeleteFrankie
xx