Wednesday, 24 November 2010

WOYWW 77

Push back and pile high is a technique many of us use to reclaim a bit of desk surface to work on. Well, how's about this for a way of being able to cram more on. For some time I'd fancied having one of those tiered wire basket sets, and now I've got one, it's just brilliant for chucking stuff into. It can be stuff I'm currently using or stuff I need to put away. Of course, we all know what could happen. The whole lot could collapse under the weight of accumulated stash. For the moment it lets you see a bit of bare table and what I'm currently doing.


On the left is box with a drawer in it. I made it at our stamping club last week from card covered with paper, and I did some stamping on the top. It is now waiting for further embellishment and to have some ribbon attached as a handle for the drawer. I've also been playing with dies, making frames and rosettes. The frames are for photos in my yearbook, and I'm hoping to incorporate rosettes into some of my Christmas cards and gift tags.

For the opportunity to have a nosey round a multitude of crafters' desks, zip on over to Julia's Stamping Ground blog. Happy Wednesday.

21 comments:

  1. Definitely a member of the "push back & pile high" team here!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another Tim fan I see. I've made a couple of scrap pages (to be shown 17/12) and used the rossette. Some worked and some split. It's a lovely thing when it does work though. (13)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm more a shove it all in a box and sort it later fan.... but later never comes and I have quite a few mixed boxes in my garage still waiting for the day....
    Nice cosy workspace you have...
    JoZarty x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi ya
    luv the basket will see how much stuff gets piled into it! lol, fab rossette,have great day, happy WOYWW, sue,x (16)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the idea of the tiered wire basket! Perhaps I should look for one. The box looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the idea of piling things upwards in tiered baskets to make room on your desk :-) It's like living in a high rise I guess :-)
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it, pile it higher and higher! Great box on your desk too.

    Hugs
    Brenda 91

    ReplyDelete
  8. another who pushes back & piles high (is there any other way)I love your wire cake stand, been after one of those for ages to store my rubber stamps
    C (74)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. if you were to tie some string to the baskets and tie the other end to a secure counterbalance you could really stack those baskets up with random stash - love your desk,

    dx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi there, I'm loving your tiered baskets very handy, bit like a block of flats for stash:)
    Your box with a drawer is beautiful and is going to be really special when you've finished hope you will share, I'd love to see it done. Thanks for your visit over at my place and your lovely comments:0) xx #63

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looking good with that new tiered container and I eagerly look forward to seeing your drawer box completed. Bet it is a gem when finished! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am a member of the 'put it on the floor' club. I can't stand too much in my direct work area but have little stacks all over the floor!
    Susan xxox #12

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the tiered basket, but it makes me think of Cupcakes and Cookies.. so I am not sure I could something like that I my desk.. lol


    Hugs
    Shirley Pumpkin #47

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the Rosette you are working on and your storage looks fab. Thanks for sharing your desk with me this week and also for popping by and visiting me xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the box you are working on; can we please have a peek at the finished item? The tiered basket is a really good idea. Wonder how much can be stashed in one of those...

    Bernie #11

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your baskets think if I had one it would have to have cakes and sweets in lol - looking forward to seeing your box when finished ~127

    ReplyDelete
  17. love paper rosettes, hope your wire baskets withstand the stash

    have a lovely weekend
    caroline #2

    ReplyDelete
  18. I so want one of those tiered baskets!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  19. I had good intentions for my baskets but i tent to just chuck stuff in too, there just so handy!

    ReplyDelete
  20. you can't be too organised on your desk, or so i'm told, pushing to the side and pileing high is much more fun. your new basket will add to the fun

    ReplyDelete
  21. Well you have got a busy desk here with lots of nice things to use. Thanks for sharing your workspace with us. Best wishes, Kym xxx (WOYWW No 42)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting and taking the time to comment. Much appreciated.