Wednesday, 1 December 2010

First WOYWW of December

I'm up late having lost track of time trying to do a few more Christmas cards. As I'm at the stage of waiting for Stickles to dry, and it is the very early hours of Wednesday, and my desk will still look the same when I wake further into Wednesday, I decided to post now. So here's the desk with what I've been doing with a Kaleidacolor pad, Crafty Individuals stamps and Stickles. They don't look much at the moment, but I'm hoping that when they're dry, they will look good. I've already made some ATCs with a similar design.

I'm still loving the tiered basket I showed you last week. You just lob stuff into it. How do you like my puss cat on the top shelf?

He's heavy and clunky and made of metal bits and springs.

Speaking of felines, Charlie is tucked up in bed after having spent quite a lot of time outside in the cold and snow. He's quite an old boy now and has a dicky ticker, so was very brave to be out. He's had a lovely snooze all evening long.

You may have noticed some puncture marks and a tear in the bed. These were caused by Daisby (posh name Daisybelle), Charlie's housemate, who routinely transports said bed up and down stairs. Daisby has another habit which, I confess, I do find very touching. When she wants to play, she brings me her toy of choice. Now I do have to say that on the two occasions when I have found her standing over me, toy in mouth, at 4 am, I haven't been terribly touched. Nor am I particularly happy when some object clatters on to the dinner table just as I'm about to take a mouthful of food. However, it is now a matter of routine, morning and evening, that the little princess brings to me her current favourite toy to instigate some play. When it's the squeaky mouse or the miniature teddy bear, I oblige by throwing it across the room and Daisby retrieves. It is quite satisfying as she places the toy in front of me, and there's none of the fighting for it that you get with a dog. However, her recent favourite toys have been creatures attached to elastic attached to sticks, and these you have to swing and swish and swirl while she leaps and pounces. I'm sure you will appreciate that it is not something you really want to be doing while rubber stamping. However, I have now contrived to do this by hurling the whole kit and caboodle - toy, elastic and stick. Of course, she dutifully retrieves, but it gives me just that bit longer to do the next stage of my inking and painting. Here's her latest favourite toy - with a festive theme and with glittery paws, and bells on. I had to buy Rudolph Reindeer only last week, as its predecessor, Skinny Cat, fell apart through excessive use.

And here young Daisby is, rushing to bring me the retrieved toy. I do apologise for the poor quality of the photo, but this is the best of the bunch. She's so fast that either she doesn't appear in it at all or she's just a blur.

Well, I mentioned snow at some point and we'd been promised it for the past week. It finally started last night. Now it's still autumn. You can see that from the beautiful colours of the leaves on the trees outside my front window. We expect snowy wintery photos to show leafless trees.

It has snowed steadily all day, but very lightly, so it's not horrendously deep. More snow is forecast, and I'm all stocked up with logs and provisions, and Tim's 12 Tags of Christmas is about to start, so bring it on. Happy Wednesday all. I'll look out my window over the fields while I ink and paint and stamp and stick.


All these ramblings and the mention of WOYWW mean that you need to connect with Julia's blog to find out what it's all about, and have a good old snoop around other peoples' work spaces.

8 comments:

  1. Where do I start....love the kitties, love the tiered basket, love the snow and love the desk. Kitties win out. What a smart little daisy cat. How can you get any craft done when she is bringing you toys to play? I would just be playing all day. Enjoy
    Sandra #70

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was going to ask for a photo of Daisby but then I saw one as I scrolled down. Love little minxy cats. Charlie looks well content and I hope he has learnt how much cosier it is inside than out. Also love your chunky metal cat - are you a cat lover by any chance?
    Woops - almost forgot - was here to comment on the desk - love the three kings you are doing at the moment - gorgeous background colours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Hun like the look of the cards you have been making and the cats both living an not!!! sending you love and warm hugs this snowy wednesday - lv Liz

    ReplyDelete
  4. How lovely to have a cat that plays like that :-)
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved your post today, especially the kitties and the beautiful view you have. Love the desk and the colours of the inks and stamps you're working with.

    Hugs
    Brenda 90

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the look of your cards, very beautiful. And I thoroughly enjoyed your stories about your cats!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The bits on your desk look very pretty - hope your cat only brings toys in and not like my stepmums cat that bring live mice in for her at 4am lol ~ thanks for sharing Nicky ~30

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting and taking the time to comment. Much appreciated.