'Nollaig Chridheil' is 'Merry Christmas' in Scots Gaelic. The little tree is made of dark green glass. The 'baubles' are wooden beads painted gold and attached with eye pins to a jump ring. The inks are the same colours Tim used, and the tag looks bluer in real life than it does in the photo. Don't know what make the robin stamp is, but the other stamps are Crafty Individuals, Heritage Scotland and Tim.
Friday, 3 December 2010
Twelve Tags of Christmas - Day 2
For the second tag in Tim Holtz' Twelve Tags of Christmas I had none of the felt stuff. I thought of just putting the distress colours on with paintbrushes, but decided to experiment with some felt which has a synthetic content and is what I use on my alcohol ink applicator. I placed the felt on my craft mat which sits on top of a sheet of foam that I use when stamping. At first I used a bit too much ink and had to blot it with kitchen towel. However, the end result isn't too bad. I've put the felt in a plastic bag as Tim suggests in the hope that I can use it again. If it turns out that I can't use it, then it won't have been a very economical use of the inks, and I will just put it down to experience.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




oh this is briliant hun,wonderful take on tims,tag,just love it hugs cheryl xx
ReplyDeleteThis is a lovely tag, love that little robin stamp
ReplyDeleteoh this is lovely :D
ReplyDeleteJulie xx
Gorgeous tag I love your improvisations. Annette x
ReplyDeleteSuper holiday tag :) Having fun? I am! Thanks for linking to the splinter group
ReplyDeletexoxo Sioux
P.S. I've had some ink sitting on a piece of cut & dry foam in a little bag for about 3 months and is still very wet...so I suppose the felt will be too
I love your interpretation of the tag. I had very little of the original stuff either. I think that's half the fun :)
ReplyDeleteOoh, this is such a lovely tag.
ReplyDeleteSue x
Your stamping turned out beautiful, love your variation on T!ms tag, gorgeous ribbon too - I am a sucker for tartan xxx
ReplyDeleteJust lovely. Love the tartan ribbon and the robin.
ReplyDeletex