Wednesday, 22 December 2010

WOYWW 81

Morning all. This week I've decamped to the kitchen table again. That's because there's been messies going on. A couple of weeks ago I spotted some Christmas decs that I liked the shape of but didn't like the colours. The photo doesn't quite do them justice, if you know what I mean !


So I decided on a makeover, and got out the gold spray. I held them over my big stone kitchen sink to do the spraying and then left them on the craft sheet to dry between sprayings. I put Diamond Stickles on the dove on the left below, and on the reindeer and at first the gold bits showed on them, and then there seemed to be some sort of chemical reaction with the paint and some parts became tinged with green - a sort of verdigris effect which I rather liked. I put some Golden Rod Stickles on the other dove and that didn't react with the paint. When they're completely dry, I'm going to attach some gold ribbon. The white wooden shapes I painted with gesso and then with white acrylic paint mixed with an iridescent medium, but there's not much shine to them, so I'm going to try covering them with Terra then doing some stamping and painting on them.

The secateurs, cones and holly berries are still left on the table after my session making seasonal wreaths for back and front doors and some indoor arrangements. I'm lucky that only a hundred yards from my back door there are firs, holly trees with loads of berries (lots left for the birds), a pine and plenty of ivy some of which has the characteristic leaves, and some that has grown in light over a wall and has glossy oval leaves and seed heads.

Well, are we going to have a white Christmas? It looks as if we might. This is a shot from the kitchen window. This is the front garden robin as opposed to Robbles - whose photo I've posted previously - the back garden robin. A bit out of focus, and I will try to do better next time. I've left the camera by the window as I'm keen to get a shot of the most beautiful but shy mistle thrush that visits.

To join all the others having a pre-Christmas snoop round the workdesks of the world, nip along to Julia's. And a very Happy Christmas to all WOYWWers.

16 comments:

  1. What a lot of lovely decs in the making :-) My mistle thrush is really quite tame now...think they are very hungry.
    Wishing you and yours a very happy Christmas and hope 2011 brings you all you wish yourselves.
    Hugs,
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the glitz. Merry Christmas! S #31

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your decs - and your seasonal garland for the doors. Lucky you haveing holly with berries on - we have three big big bushes but no berries. Still I keep feeding the birds and making fat thingiers for them. Love my birds.
    Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving everything going on here! Thanks for sharing the lovely photos :)

    I'm #50 this week. Please stop by and take a look when you get a chance.

    Merry Christmas to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous little robin - Have a merry Christmas and a crafty and healthy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your revamped decs look very cool, as do the ones on your desk,
    Wishing you Happy WOYWW & Happy Christmas too
    hugs Minxy #4

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful decorations, great job, and I love the door wreaths too, very festive.

    Have a wonderful Christmas,
    Hugs
    Brenda 45

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely festive post and photos,
    Happy Christmas
    JoZarty x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your makeovers, wreath and photo, its such a great time isn't it... Happy Christmas and a Joyous New Year. Hugs Annette xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love what you did! What beautiful little birdies!
    Merry Christmas!

    Katie (47)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your wreath is lovely! So much fun to make friends with the birds. Thanks for sharing all your wonderful pics.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for the peek and sharing.

    Happy Holidays and creative crafting in the New Year.

    Hugs, Marjo #5

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your wreath and clever idea to recolour your decs. Thanks for the peek.
    Have a lovely christmas. Sandra #81

    ReplyDelete
  14. A busy and beautiful desk :)
    Wishing you a very Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love all the bling! I feed the birds too, a couple of them even bang on the widow if I forget!! Bit late, but Happy WOYWW Christmas!
    (Lyn)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting and taking the time to comment. Much appreciated.