I was a bit stuck about what to use for the little picture, but while searching for the tinsel, I decided to tidy up the drawer where I keep my gift wrapping stuff. Of course this was paradise to a one year old cat, and she found the tinsel for me, and all the other strings, tapes and ribbons, and pandemonium ensued. Anyway I found some little old fashioned gift tags, and have used the picture from one here. I didn't want to use up all my tissue tape making the flower, so instead I used the two smallest flower dies, cut several of each from sheets of music, and coloured them with the green DIs.
Saturday, 4 December 2010
12 Tags of Christmas - Day 3
I loved making the background on this tag. The colours of the inks blended so well, so I shall be using this combo again. I also loved the effect of the droplets of water and of Tim's script stamp. The branch stamp is Artemio, and the bird is made as Tim made his, with tissue tape, grungeboard and Rock Candy Stickles. The nest is ribbon and fibres stuck with Glossy Accents. I would have been quite happy to leave it at that with a bit of lace, tinsel and ribbon as embellishments, but decided to try to complete the exercise and add the picture and flower too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




lovely tag, the background is great and I love the birds nest
ReplyDeleteIt looks lovely :D
ReplyDeletewell done
Julie x x
Kitty cats just know where all the fun stuff is!
ReplyDeleteYour birdie looks divine ;) Lovely to see you at the splinter group again....is this fun or what?!
xix Sioux
He he he so there are benefits to tidying out our drawers lol, fabulous tag thanks for sharing xxx
ReplyDeleteOooh I love your background its so swooshy, terrific tag, love it. Annette x
ReplyDeleteFab tag, it looks really lovely. Know what you mean about feline help, those little kitties just love crafting, and ribbons and tinsel are just soooo exciting. One of my kitties has now found a new purrpuss in life by playing with the handle of my Sissix!! He loves it!
ReplyDeleteSue xx
Really lovely and your flower is gorgeous.
ReplyDeletex