Sunday, 5 December 2010

12 Tags of Christmas - Day 4

One of the key features of Tim's Day 4 tag was the facet with the snowflake design on it. Not having any facets, I decided to try fragments, and inked up a circle and an oval, and stamped and blotted as per instructions. It didn't work at all, so I cleaned the fragments off with blending solution, washed them in soapy water and dried them. I tried again and this time it worked. I decided to make holes in them with the Cropodile. Did the circle first. No problem. Did the oval next and managed to split it into two pieces ! Then I decided the circle was too big for this piece, so it was back to the drawing board, and I managed to produce the small oval that you see below. Success at last ! The only reason I can think of for the fragments not working first time may be that I used the heat gun on the AIs, and I didn't with the ones that turned out OK.

I didn't have any Christmassy paper, so I opted to have another go at the background I created for Tag One. I'm quite partial to a bit of glitz at Christmas time, so I rummaged in the bling boxes and then had a tug-of-war with kitty over the ribbony bits. At the bottom there are three rows of silver balls. Over the card there are five glittery star/flower shapes. At the top there is silver ribbon, plain and curly, a length of faceted silver balls, three shiny blue cut glass beads, and that fragment. Now that I am writing this, I have realised that the 'Dream' adage ticket that I inked with Faded Jeans, smothered in Rock Candy and set aside to try is missing from my picture ! Will add it tomorrow when it is dry ! The finished tag is really glittery. More so than the impression the photo gives.

To see lots more tags that people have created visit Artyjen.

4 comments:

  1. Ahhhh see I had the sameproblem with the fragment and had also used the heatgun - you could be right there ;-)
    Lovely tag :D
    Julie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! The fragment looks great....I did not use a heat gun on mine and still it was a failure!!! Have done it before and it worked...one of those days perhaps!!! Loving the bling ;)
    Thanks for linking to the splinter group :)
    xoxo Sioux

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore this blue and silver combination and such great bling and lovely sparkles. I didn't use a heat gun just a lot of heavy breathing.....lol Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow your background looks fantastic and I think your bling looks amazing - another stunning tag hon xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting and taking the time to comment. Much appreciated.