I've done all but one of my challenge pieces in this shape, so I thought perhaps I might make this one the cover of a book or a box to keep all the pieces together. I used the woodgrain embossing folder with Brushed Corduroy, Frayed Burlap, Walnut Stain and Crushed Olive DIs. When it came to doing the Rusted Grunge, I used the DI as per the instructions, but don't have EP in that colour, so had to use Tea Dye. However, it still looks reasonably rusty.
This gives a closer view of the effect.
Thank you, Linda, for another fun challenge.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




Beautiful work - I just love what you've done with the embossing folder. It looks so real! And your rusty hinges just set it off.
ReplyDeleteVery very cool. Way to go!
ReplyDeleteSuperb results... it looks for real!
ReplyDeleteJoZarty x
Wow! that is just fabulous, it looks like real wood, great choice of ink colours for this.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful work on this piece!
ReplyDeleteAwesome!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteWonderful coloring on the background! Looks so 3D! And the rusted pieces look very old!
ReplyDeleteWow! the rusted hinge is overshadowed by the amazing job you did on the real wood looking embossing. FUn idea to make covers for the tags.
ReplyDeleteLooks fantastic! Love the embossing! xx
ReplyDeleteIt looks fantastic, the wood is awesome
ReplyDeleteWow, you created a very realistic looking wood page! Love the rusty grunge on the latch!
ReplyDeleteBEAUTIFUL, Marilyn!! What a NEAT piece!
ReplyDeleteOooh I adore this its brilliant. Annette x
ReplyDeleteWhat a sensational, unique and gorgeous work of art, Minnie_Mac! The woodgrain looks incredible, and the rusted grunge hinges couldn't possibly be better! Ingenious design, and what a cool cover for your art book! The Tea Dye EP worked wonderfully!
ReplyDeleteThank YOU!!! What a feast for the eyes this is!
OH boy! WOW! I am impressed wtih the wood grain look. The rust just makes it still "grungy-er". Love this! i want to make myself one like that! bravo!
ReplyDelete