Wednesday, 12 January 2011

WOYWW

Yes, I know there's clutter in this picture, but I have done a lot of tidying since last week. Honest, I have. Some of the bits on the table are left over from the compendium challenge, and I plan to use them again today to make a card. The little wooden cube box had mulled wine spices in it, and I plan to re-decorate it, but in the meantime it is holding some inchies and tiny embellishments that I am going to use to make a card.

The real clutter is in the boxes that are sitting on the chair in front of the table. I keep sticking those scraps-that-will-come-in-handy-some-day in boxes, so this will be the final phase of my tidying. Going through all the boxes (there are lots of small ones on a shelf opposite my table in addition to those on the chair), deciding what to keep, and categorising what I keep, to make for easier future rummaging.

To see lots of workdesks in all their glory click the link and take a magic carpet ride to Julia's Stamping Ground blog. Enjoy the trip !

30 comments:

  1. Lovin the busy and creative desk this week. I don't see any clutter...lol

    Thanks for the peek and sharing, hugs Marjo #23 Happy WOYWW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi ya
    looks a lovely creative desk, have great day, happy WOYWW, sue,x (25)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Still looks pretty tidy and organised to me! thanks for the snoop,
    Lv JoZarty x

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have to make a desk messy to be creative but yours looks very organised to me :-)
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good idea to keep scraps for future use...may be a while before you get round to using them. The thing is you probably think like me, that if you have some paper you love, why would you discard any of it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love your header pic - robins are my favourite!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the ink handle carousel. I must content myself with a single handle and a lot of pad changing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW that's some 'bits' collection you have there, it will take you forever to use all that lot up lol
    Happy Wednesday
    Minxy #2

    ReplyDelete
  9. Some very interesting treasures on your desk. They should keep you busy for a while.
    Happy WOYWW
    Tertia 93

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good luck with categorizing your scraps, it's a great thing to do.

    I totally love your blog header!

    ReplyDelete
  11. All those little scraps are the bane of my tidy existence! I can see an improvement over last week, that huge basket has gone!

    Hugs
    Brenda 99

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yep I agree definatley looking tidier - I go through my scraps drawer quite regularly and I tend to hoard when it doesnt such properly its time to sort and then it all goes over the living room floor ~ Nicky 45

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think that scraps are one of the most difficult things to organise as they don't fit neatly into drawers or trays or whatever... and I can't bear to waste them!
    What is the answer?
    Chrissie

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think that looks quite tidy - know what you mean about clutter being in the boxes (mine not yours). Thanks for the snoop around your tidy area. 134

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks like you are doing a fab job of tidying up! Thanks for sharing and for stopping by my desk! Happy WOYWW! #11

    ReplyDelete
  16. It may be clutter, but it's organsied clutter!

    I like your fabric covered caddy holding your pens, scissors etc - did you make it yourself?

    Thanks for your visit to my desk.

    Sherry
    (103)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for stopping by my desk and your kind words. Love your little chicken timer.
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi, Just love your robin header, I just adore robins. About your boxes, you will tidy them up I know because you are probably like me don't want to throw away scraps, then I have an Idea of getting little plastic shoe boxes and putting them into colour codes! Voila neat tidy organised colour boxes. Have fun, love your desk, looks like you have been very busy. Hugs JO.xx**19**

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh baby - you wanna see clutter? real clutter? swing by my way - you have a positively organised, wonderful, relatively tidy space there...

    Dx

    ReplyDelete
  20. you must post how you organise your scraps as I am strugglinh with mine.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh, love how you have your stampers organized. I just have one and keep changing the pads. Sue #94

    ReplyDelete
  22. I read on someone else's blog (sorry forgot who it was) that every so often you should sit down with your box of bit and make a card using only what is in there, without cheating. Only adhesive allowed from elsewhere. Really must try that, myself. My box of bits is getting fuller.

    ReplyDelete
  23. hmmm that's the second blog I've visited with one of those carousel-ly thingies for the blending tools, I must have one
    nice to meet you
    Debz
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. lovely creative looking desk, we are all the same aren't we cannot throw anything away that we might be able to 'alter'
    brill

    ReplyDelete
  25. Lovely creative area here! My scrapbox is growing as well. I like what MaggieC said about making a card with only scraps! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful desk. I sure would love a look into your boxes, 'cuz I think my clutter could match yours!!
    Love your gorgeous cats.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh my, your desk looks so neat... and yes, I have a few piles of those offcuts of paper too and often they are handy but mostly I just have no idea what to do with them! Annette #18

    ReplyDelete
  28. fab desk Marilyn! Love your storage......

    ReplyDelete
  29. Thanks for the peek and sharing. Happy WOYWW, hugs Marjo #10

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting and taking the time to comment. Much appreciated.