Sunday, 2 January 2011

Happy New Year and CCC 25

Well, I think I've been a bit carried away with this Christmas and New Year lark, and have woken up only just in time to do my Compendium of Curiosities Challenge number 25. For full information on this, zip on over to Linda's Studio L3 blog. It's page 34 in the Compendium and is entitled Scribbled Stain Distress.

I've used Broken China, Stormy Sky, Faded Jeans and Tumbled Glass distress ink pads, and Broken China, Faded Jeans, Tumbled Glass and Peeled Paint distress re-inkers for the technique. I'm still in Christmas mode so the stamping is from an Inkadinkado set I've just got in a sale, and a Tim snowflake stamp using black Archival and Broken China DI. And seeing as the theme's still Christmassy, I couldn't resist a shiny star and a few puffs of Sea Glass Glimmer Mist.

By now I've eaten almost all of the the chocolate and Christmas cake, and it will soon be time to face up to the New Year and the consumption of a healthier bill of fare. Until then, I'll enjoy the remaining cake and choccy, and wish you all a New Year of Happiness, Health and Contentment (which includes many hours resulting in inky painty fingers, of course).

2 comments:

  1. Very nice - love the blue snowflakes. I don't know the Tumbled Glass DI - interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year, Minnie_Mac! I'm so glad you were able to fit the CCC in during this nutty time of year, and you did an absolutely gorgeous job on the scribble stain distress technique! LOVE those colors, and the sweet little snowman and bird stamps give this such a sweet, vintage feel.

    I hope 2011 brings you a whole bunch of dreams come true!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting and taking the time to comment. Much appreciated.