Tuesday, 11 January 2011

Compendium Challenge 27

This week we're on page 60 of Tim Holtz' Compendium of Curiosities trying out Distress Misting Masks. For all the details on the challenge and lots of examples of the technique, go to Linda's Studio L3 blog. Instructions on how to do the technique are in Tim's book.

I used Victorian Velvet distress ink, Blush Perfect Pearls, and Tim masks. The girl and text stamps are Crafty Individuals and the flower is a freebie from a magazine. The pink shading was done with Copic pens. I tried various settings on the camera to try to get the shine of the mica (with, as last night, the help of the cat). You can see some of it here, but I'm afraid much of it looks brown in the photo !


9 comments:

  1. Oh wow its gorgeous, such great masking and love those two little girls. Brill. Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful piece! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is SO sweet! I love the color - it's one I never think of using. Your stamps are adorable and so perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is wonderful. Your masking is terrific and I love the little girls and the colors and everything.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a sweet page, great job with the masking too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this and you are doing pages just like me! Are you going to bind them when done? That's what I am going to do. I love the picture of the bird at the feeder on your blog also!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job on the masking! The little girls are cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is just so sweet! I love the little girls and beautiful masking!! Have a fabulous weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Minnie_Mac, this warmed my heart on a very cold day! What a beautiful and sweet page for your technique book. I LOVE those stamps-- LOVE them! Your masking is fabulous and the design couldn't be prettier. Way to GO, girlfriend-- it's a stunner!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting and taking the time to comment. Much appreciated.