Friday, 15 April 2011

Gingersnap Creations - Spicy Supply Challenge

At Gingersnap Creations there is a 'Spicy Supply Challenge' to use mists. My fingers were still stained from using colour washes for Linda's Grungy Monday challenge earlier this week, but I was most definitely up for more spraying.

This time I used layers of Dylusions ink sprays in Fuchsia, Sky Blue, Hot Pink and Burnt Orange on white card, together with the Dylusions Fuchsia mica spray and Glimmer Mist in Sweet Pea and Candlelight. Towards the end of the spraying I placed sequin waste and a Tattered Angels mask on the card to create a patterned background.


I wanted to make some Easter cards, but didn't trust myself to draw decent oval shapes for eggs. Luckily I found a free template at a website called First Palette and printed the eggs on to some card, cut them out and gave them the same spray treatment as the background. Then I embossed them with my favourite Ranger gold powder (love the smell of the melting powder too), and Viva Decor swirl stamps. I rubbed the back of each of the 'eggs' with a large headed embossing tool to get the card to curl a bit and look more egg-like. I cut a piece of the background card, and ran it through the Big Shot with a border embossing folder, and then mounted the 'eggs' and the 'Happy Easter' on the card with large sticky pads. Couldn't resist photographing the finished article with today's haul from the henhouses.

Still got background card and eggs left to do some more cards.

11 comments:

  1. Lovely background technique, gorgeous colours and the eggs really do look 3D. That would work so well for lots of other occasions too.
    JoZarty x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow Minnie your card is amazing, those colours and eggs are brilliant and am sure your hands are just as beautiful.......lol
    Enjoy the weekend, Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are the most beautiful paper eggs I've ever SEEN! They're wonderful!

    Love that misty background, too! And even the homegrown hen fruit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a fabbie card Minnie, those embossed eggs look delish
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous, wonderful background and colors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful use of sprays! Love your eggs! Thank you for joining in the Gingersnap Challenge,

    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card love the vibrant colours and the real eggs look good too. If fingers are inky then you have had loads of fun - in my opinion :-)!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love what you have done with your mists. Very decadent, bring to mind Faberge! Your photography is pretty clever too. Many thanks for playing along with us at Gingersnaps.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness ... absolutely sunning. The bit of embossing on the back of the eggs really makes a huge impact ... and I love those golden swirls ... so glad you got Misty with us at Gingersnap Creations.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, a visual feast! The colours are stunnning xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting and taking the time to comment. Much appreciated.