In this part of the world we've been having glorious sunshine and high summer temperatures not usually seen in April. I've noticed that this has lifted people's spirits and everyone is so cheerful and talkative, and of course, not only have we had the four day Easter weekend, but we now have another four day weekend to look forward to with the extra bank holiday on Friday for the royal wedding followed by the usual early May bank holiday on Monday. Temperatures have now cooled a bit, and all fingers are crossed for dry weather on Friday for the processions and street parties.
I've been out and about with friends, visiting exhibitions and enjoying music in London, sitting in the sun on the Thames embankment drinking tea, and eating evening meals in the open air. Instead of the usual roast dinner on Easter Sunday, it had to be a barbecue, and we needed a walk to burn off some of the calories from the Easter eggs, so it was off into the fields.
Everywhere is so fresh and green, with touches of the bright colours of wild flowers.
The holly is covered with flowers. Looks like there will be a good supply of berries.
This log had been positioned here as a horse jump, but it's ideal as a walker's resting place to enjoy the view and the peace and quiet for a while.
And now what I came down this path to see - a fabulous carpet of wild English bluebells with some beautiful silver birch trees.




LOVE LOVE LOVE your tag! It's just beautiful colors and the embedded woman's head is really awesome! <3 Candy
ReplyDeleteYour tag is beautiful. I love the colors. The womans head is so perfect for the niche. Love the gold accents.
ReplyDeleteYour tag is fantastic!! You've created the perfect niche for that glorious head - love it!
ReplyDeleteYour photos of the countryside are beautiful, love those bluebells in particular.
I'm just outside London and it's pretty chilly out there today - hope it doesn't rain for the Royal Wedding tomorrow - if it does though, they'll be a lot of red white and blue brollies up!
Thank you so much for leaving such a nice comment on my blog! I truly do LOVE this tag! <3 Candy
ReplyDeleteThis is beautfiul! It gives me the feeling of ancient treasures found in secret places. Wonderful job!
ReplyDeletethos epics of the bluebells are awesome, I bet they smell heavenly, your tag is gorgeous love the little moulded head nice touch
ReplyDeletehugs
Absolutely beautiful tag! Love your brilliant photos too! x
ReplyDeleteLoving the tag, with your niche - just perfect! Also love the photos, I am hoping to go to Kew Gardens on Saturday for the bluebells.
ReplyDeleteWOW! What an awesome tag1 i love the molding, the colors and the stamps you used to make this project! I also envy for living in England. And what fun it is to have another holiday this friday! And what a stunning scenery you have!
ReplyDeleteLove your tag, the head is looks fantastic.
ReplyDeleteGreat countryside photos as well.
Beautiful tag and loving your lady's head. Thank you for sharing such great pictures. Annette x
ReplyDeletegreat tag it is the perfect niche for that head. lovely colours too.
ReplyDeleteI hope you enjoyed the wedding... it was a great day and everything went perfectly, even the weather. great photos, thanks for sharing
janet
great tag and colouring- almost Venetian in feel!
ReplyDeleteSarah at 54.