At the LB Crafts stand, I spotted some tags that Lin had made using the new Paper Artsy Fresco Finish chalk acrylics. Lin very kindly responded to my query about them, by using them to make a tag as her next demo and gave me the fabulous finished tag to keep. Naturally I had to try out some of the paint, and luckily I had a free morning yesterday. I've got a two page spread to do in a circle journal which has the theme of Time, so I decided to do a trial run.
I used the same colour scheme as Lin, but mine turned out much darker. I started by using Toad Hall (wonderful name) green acrylic as the resist, and Peeled Paint, Forest Moss, Wild Honey and Vintage Photo Distress Stains. The stamping is Paper Artsy, Inkadinkadoo, Tim Holtz, Artistic Stamper and Personal Impressions in black archival. I've also used tissue tape coloured with the stains as Lin did. She also made some beautiful metal decoration for the tag, and I will definitely try that out at some point. Will do the final journal pages this week, with the same materials, but with a few changes to the stamping and with the addition of some embellishments.




Loving your journal pages and can see you are having a great time. Annette x
ReplyDeleteLovely. I had a great time at Ally Pally on Saturday - lots of shopping !
ReplyDelete