The Tim technique that
Linda at Studio L3 has chosen for us this week is Brushless Water Colour. Now I absolutely love playing around with water colours on water colour paper whether it be with brushes or with stamps. My knowledge of technique with brushes is still fairly limited, and the results I can achieve likewise. Results with stamps are always fairly mixed. However, when I clicked on to
Tim's instructions, and saw these lovely Adirondack colours, and one of my all-time favourite stamps, the Hero Arts cow parsley, I was raring to go.
I did lots of pieces using that stamp and my other Hero Arts water colour style flower stamps. Tim said that practice makes perfect, and I certainly gave myself plenty of that, with varying results. I do find water colour fairly unforgiving, and am forever splodging where I didn't mean to splodge, or being too heavy with the colour. But it's such fun, and maybe one day I'll get to the stage where I'm more often happier with the results.
I also enjoyed using the Adirondacks again. I so love my distress inks that I tend to forget about the other inks I have.
The first one I've photographed uses Tim and Hero Arts stamps.

And in the other two, the same stamps plus a Rubber Stampede delphiniums one.


Thanks, Linda, for another great challenge.
Loving the free style look you have achieved Minnie. Beautiful colours as well. Annette x
ReplyDeleteThese are all wonderful. Great colours and designs.
ReplyDeleteThese are all WONDERFUL, Minnie_Mac! Your watercolor stamping looks great-- your stamp choices are perfect, and the technique is masterfully done. I hope you can step back and look at these again and see just how gorgeous they are. The flowers are lush, and the spider web is such a great addition!
ReplyDeleteWonderful cards, all of them.
ReplyDeleteyou totally rocked this challenge. And that spider web - brilliant.
ReplyDeleteYour cards are absolutely gorgeous. I love the spiders web.
ReplyDeleteSue xx
You have done a delightful job w/the watercolor technique. The cards are quite lovely & the splatters work quite well. I especially enjoy the first card. I had to smile when I read it & thought about the spider web.
ReplyDeleteDebbie Cosenza
lovely card, it really looks like watercolours. the spiders web stamp is great
ReplyDeletejanet
Beautiful cards, love the images, perfect for this technique. Tracy x
ReplyDeleteThese are so wonderful! Simple and beautiful and your use of the cobweb is BRILLIANT!
ReplyDeleteI've never, EVER seen a garden without dewy cobwebs (or at least not any really GREAT gardens!).