Wednesday, 7 July 2010

Another Wednesday

I didn't make it to WOYWW last week. Last Tuesday evening was my wonderful evening in London, and the rail company in its wisdom decided to put on a bus service on the last train for what should have been the last half an hour of my journey. Consequently I was jolted around country lanes for over an hour and eventually crawled into bed at 3 am, and had to be up again at 6.30 and off.

I did have a tidy of a very messy desk this Tuesday evening, only to get the paints and stamps out again to do the Compendium Challenge, and there it will all remain till this evening, paint on grungepaper waiting to dry so that I can try more of the Shabby Chic.

I haven't made any progress with the little chest of drawers since last time. Too many birthday cards to make. But you will spot that gorgeous WOYWW easel commissioned by Mrs D from Mr D. By the way, if none of this WOYWW stuff has made sense to you so far, hop over to Mrs D's blog, and all will be revealed. Julia, very sincere thanks to you and Mr D. I love this gorgeous work of art. I'm using it to hold a card made with the Crafty Individuals house-shaped chipboard and stamps as demoed by Jean of CI at the recent Craft Barn Extravaganza.

I have a new addition to the craft space. Picked up a beautiful oak cupboard at bargain price. Had planned to change the handles, but haven't seen anything suitable yet. I have been advised to feed it with oil, and stroke it a lot. Have a few things on top of it picked up from charity shops for altering - mirror, little drawers, jug. The old radio cassette player is not for altering, but so I can still listen to old tapes !

And of course as soon as you open the doors, as if by magic .....

... a certain little lady has heard about WOYWW. Join her, and enjoy your snoopings round the blogs !

19 comments:

  1. oh great crafting goodies,love the tag and your cat he he hugs cheryl xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is a fab Oak cupboard, I keep buying things from charity shops to alter, cant help myself its addictive, great looking space by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful cupboard, wish I had charity shops like that round here!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful cabinet, really lovely. Don't rush the handles, the right ones will come along when you least expect it. i love how your kitty is straight in there lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi cor i bet you was knackered last week,
    great piccies lovely cupboard, luv the kitty checking out ya stash, have good eve, sue,x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a cat that likes to get in behind all my stuff, but at the moment she's sleeping, sorry about the chocolate, but I can eat it out of the jar!! Great crafty-ness going on in your crafty space
    (Lyn)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That cabinet is lovely. I do like to shut the doors on my stuff I must say! Jean's card is fab, but I'm looking forward to yor shabby chic creations..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh, a lovely messy desk! I also have some grungepaper drying on my desk...looking forward to seeing what you do with yours. Love your artwork sitting in the easel. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh! What a lovely cabinet you have . Your little guest is just checking it out for a new sleeping place.
    Hugs
    Chrissyxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ah, as desk after my own heart :) Love the oak cabinet

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your snooping puddy tat!!!!

    Hugs
    Penni
    X

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a cool collection of crafty stuff, even your cat wants to play! I'd love to be able to join in with the Tim Holtz stuff, but I can't afford to start buying anything new at the moment. One day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely storage space! And what a cute picture with your cat dropping by!
    ** Evi **

    ReplyDelete
  14. love your cabinet, I've been scouring charity shops for alterable items for ages :)
    C

    ReplyDelete
  15. That cabinet looks wonderful, someone was right about the stroking... lovely wood really needs it! You'll probably enjoy it too!
    Thanks for the snoop!
    Chrissie

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a fab cabinet. Definitely one to love and stroke a lot. Love the messy goodness of your desk.

    Thanks for your visit and lovely comment on mine.

    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fab cupboard and great snoop - thanks

    ReplyDelete
  18. What is it about cats and drawers or open cupboards? Gotta love that picture. And that cabinet is fantastic. Looks like it's going to hold your stuff perfectly and keep it out of sight, too. But those boxes are so pretty, I'm not sure I'd hide them. Happy belated WOYWW.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fabulous cabinet and a lovely busy desk there too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting and taking the time to comment. Much appreciated.