Tuesday, 6 July 2010

Compendium of Curiosities Shabby Chic Challenge

I am loving these challenges chosen by Linda on her Studio L3 blog. Each week Linda picks a technique from Tim Holtz' book for us to try out.

This one, challenge number 4, was great fun as it meant playing about with paint and embossing powder on grunge paper, and using some of my favourite Paper Artsy stamps with a smidge of Wendy Vecchi.

Here is my first attempt. I will certainly be working on this trying different colours and stamps. In fact, I think I might go now and paint up my remaining sheet of the grungey stuff, so that it is dry and ready to work on tomorrow.

12 comments:

  1. Ooh, this is spectacular! What a cool way to do the Shabby Chic look. I love the stamp with the little bird getting ready to fly-- it's sweet and inspiring.

    Thanks so much for coming back for another Compendium challenge! See you next week?! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great use of this technique! I love the bird about to fly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful!! I love how you used different colors of paint.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow this is fabulous. Love the colours you have chosen & your embossing looks great. Would love to have a go at something like this. Thanks for sharing. Hope you have a lovely Wednesday. Gez.xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an inspiration, using two different colors of paint for the base. TERRIFIC!

    ReplyDelete
  6. FAB post, I just luv what you did!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Had to come back after WOYWW comment, to say how fab is this!! I love what you did here.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is fantastic! I love everything about it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, I love this! Great job on it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous, I love it. Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the bird and cage, a few of us have used birds and cages, they work so beautifully with this technique. Love the colours you chose too. Have a good evening, Tracy Evans x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting and taking the time to comment. Much appreciated.