I started with card and stuck to it some of Tim's paper cut on one edge with a die. I changed the colour of the paper by using Old Paper Distress Ink and stamped all over it with a flourish. Old French/French dictionary pages stuck to card provided the die-cut leaves, and a rummage in my chipboard shapes box produced the flower, and I coloured the leaves and flower with Old Paper. I had seen Hels on her Ink on my Fingers blog use a memo pin and Ranger enamel to make a flower, so here I decided to have a go with a jump ring and the black enamel to make the centre of the flower. Then I stamped the little 'heart songs' lady on card, cut her out and 'old-papered' her. Then I added some bits of tissue tape and finished off by highlighting leaves, flower and tape with Rock Candy Stickles.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




Oh, this is COOL! I love the multi-medium technique on the delicate leaves, and your little princess with her matching crown and wings is WONDERFUL! Great colors and clever little embellishments, too!
ReplyDeleteWhen a piece of art can make me smile before I've had my morning coffee, it's pretty special, and this made me smile BIG! ♥
Those leaves are fab - they must have taken you hours! It's adorable.
ReplyDeleteOh it's beautiful! I love the vintage feel to it as well.
ReplyDeleteWonderful piece!
ReplyDeleteBrilliant collage, love it. Annette x
ReplyDeleteLove this especially those leaves and the image works so well too. Great art. Tracy x
ReplyDeleteI need to remember to use those On the Edge dies. Your's is wonderful! Love the images you chose.
ReplyDeleteI love the text colours on the brown, one of my very favourite colour combos in the world lol And those leaves are so pretty :)
ReplyDeleteLost my comment! Anyway...love all the details you did...very pretty!
ReplyDeleteI love what you have done. The colors and the girl and the leaves.Perfect!
ReplyDeleteGorgeous piece of art!
ReplyDeleteVery cool! Love the child and the flower with the leaves!
ReplyDeleteThis is gorgeous, I love your flower, and the shaped edge goes so well with your image x
ReplyDeleteI love this!! I love the color, I love the leaves they look great die cut out of old book paper! What die is that? I'll have to be on the lookout. I also love the scroll work stamped in the background is it the same color of ink, old paper? Very Very Nice!!
ReplyDeleteThis turned out fabulous! Great job on it.
ReplyDeleteHello Marilyn,
ReplyDeletethe leaves pop in my eyes immediatly when I see the card : they are delicate but the paper works perfect on them.
Nice stamp of the fairychild.
greetings from Belgium
Inge