Saturday, 17 July 2010

UTEE

We had fun at our local stamping club this week playing around with ultra thick embossing powders. I took along some pieces of thick grey card that I had saved from packaging to use as the base.

My heat gun is rather fierce so I had to heat the first layer from underneath so as not to blow the UTEE away. I worked mostly with black UTEE sometimes dropping in some other colours of embossing powder and sprinkling in glitter and beads, and sometimes brushing with Perfect Pearls.

This one has embossing powders, glitter and Beadazzles, and is stamped with Encore metallic gold ink on a Karantha stamp.

This one has Ancient Copper UTEE on black with a sprinkling of glitter and Beadazzles, and is stamped with Crimson Copper Brilliance ink on a Katzelkraft stamp. Have gone round the edges with black acrylic paint, and am going to mount them on cards.
The proms started on Friday, and I am now in the last hour of the five hour TV broadcast of the Welsh National Opera performance of Die Meistersinger with Bryn Terfel. Wish I could have been there at the Albert Hall. Tomorrow is Placido and the Royal Opera in a concert performance of Simon Boccanegra, but only on Radio Three as a staged performance has already been on BBC2 TV - last Saturday.

1 comment:

Thank you for visiting and taking the time to comment. Much appreciated.