Well, I got my old favourite die out to cut the edge of my card. Then I just had to try out some new purchases. On Sunday I ordered some new (to me) colours of acrylic paints and a Crafty Notions spray from Paper Artsy, and much to my delight they were waiting on the doormat for me this evening. Great speedy service. I chose one of my new Kaisercolour acrylic colours, Terracotta, and two old favourites, Raw Sienna and Soft Moss for the background, and then sprayed with my new CN black matte spray. I then cranked the card through the Big Shot with the TH damask folder, gave it a quick rasp with a sanding block, and spritzed with Bronze Glimmermist.
Next I did the secret Tim technique with an oval fragment and photo of an aunt. Then I inked up a panel of grungeboard with Rusty Hinge, and edged it with ribbon, and stuck on to the background the panel, the fragment and some Prima flowers smooched with Wild Honey and Dried Marigold and embellished with little amber pearly things. In real life there's lots of texture and dimension which the photo doesn't quite get.
Anyways, Happy Compendium Crafting !




Awesome art piece! Love the colors and the picture of your aunt!
ReplyDeletewow such fab colours, it is all terrific. Annette x
ReplyDeleteLove the colors you used and all that cool texture! Great job on it!
ReplyDeleteMinnie, I love it! What a gorgeous collection of inks, imagery and embellishments! The Fragment looks great (your aunt is darling!) and background is so cool. I'm glad you got to play with some new toys while making this. That's always WAY fun!
ReplyDeleteAny chance I have to help my friends get disgustingly inky and painty, I'm there! ;-)
A beautiful vintagey piece Minnie! x
ReplyDeleteOh so VERY pretty!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteOooooh, believe me, I can feel the texture through my computer screen! LOL I just love anything with texture to it. Your CCC #7 creation is no exception to that. Have an art-filled day today!
ReplyDeleteLove it, the texture looks fantastic and love the addition of the flowers. Beautiful. Have a good day, Tracy x
ReplyDeleteIt's great - looks like a real vintage keepsake.
ReplyDeleteGorgeous, the textures look great and I love your picture.
ReplyDelete