Well, I did start to give the workdesk its 'deep clean,' but as usual got sidetracked and only did enough to create some space to work on the new Compendium challenge, and lay out a new set of stamps acquired in the sales ready for my next project, a card to be made from inchies. Then I completely obliterated the space by placing the basket on the table. That's there because I'm going to have a sort through my sewing stuff, and put the most used items in here. Have concerns about this as one of the cats seems to have already sussed that it makes a cosy bed. On top of the acrylic block you can see one of my most used tools, the unravelled paper clip, for de-blocking the nozzle of the Glossy Accents bottle.
Happy WOYWW !
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




It all sounds such a great plan but I know what you mean about baskets and cats.. give up now - it will be a bed! :-)
ReplyDeleteNice tidy desk can see why the cat wants the basket looks cosy.Have fab wednesday.hugs judex6
ReplyDeleteWhat is it about cats and having to sleep in every new place.. suppose that's why they have nine live....they are always taking risks!
ReplyDeleteSue xx 50
I love that basket on your desk!
ReplyDeleteI use my pokey tool to un-bung my glued up doo dahs! It does get a bit messy however!
Happy New Year!
Chrissie #3
I have one of those long pins with a pearl on the top for unblocking my nozzles. What a pain they are blocking up.
ReplyDeleteLove your basket - no wonder one of the cats likes it.
Happy New Year to You and Yours.
A useful basket!! Have a great week!!
ReplyDeleteI guess an unraveled paper clip would be better to use - I just take my Tonic scissors and snip the top. LOL
ReplyDeleteThanks for stopping by this morning. Have an art-filled day today!
PS can't play with my new vagabond until after work :(
Love the big basket; great idea to keep the most-used items close to hand. Love the swirly stamps :-)
ReplyDeleteHappy New Year :-)
Anne xx
That's actually a HUGE basket! Not surprised the cats are interested in it, although from what I remember of my cat owning days, they're interested in absolutely everything!
ReplyDeleteHugs
Brenda 83
Love your desk... I think it's the 3 tiered basket that sets it off so well. Someone should tell Glossy Accents to incorporate a paper clip holder or a special unblocker with their bottle!
ReplyDeleteHappy 2011
JoZArty x
Ah, the unravelled paperclip. I use the very same as a sim card ejector for my iPhone!
ReplyDeleteI can just imagine what a snuggly bed that basket would make for a kitty :-)
Ah we must pay tribute to the unsung hero type tools of our gluing and sticky rescues! I think once the basket is set aside, you cleared a handsome amount of space and shouldn't worry about doing any more!!
ReplyDeleteThat basket is an open invitation to a cat, but I can see it is delicately poised on the edge of the desk. I can imagine a leap, a crash, a small "wrowll" and then some stalking off wearing the expression known as "actually, I did mean to do that - yes, I really did. That basket belongs on the floor". Hope your felines have more sense than mine ever did, and that you manage to hold onto that basket for yourself.
ReplyDeleteBernie #17
Cats know where the best bed in the house is (grin). Sure like the looks of all that stash, too. Happy WOYWW from #16 this week.
ReplyDeleteThink you only need to move about 9 small items and you will have an open space. Love baskets and there are so many uses for them, provided you fill them before the felines find them. #95
ReplyDeleteIt's always the case isn't it, start to tidy and then get sidetracked, I know this only to well!!!
ReplyDeleteI think every crafter owns an unhooked paperclip or some such for unblocking nozzles, they are the most important bit of kit. I have broken so many pokey tools doing this in the past it's untrue!!
Thanks for sharing.
Hugs Lisa (108)
I try to tidy up, but then mr. Mojo makes an appearance and I could not possibly offend him and promptly abandon my efforts to tidy.
ReplyDeleteAmazing how the best tools cost almost nothing isn't it?
Tertia 122
Fab basket, love how its lined, very pretty.
ReplyDeleteBetter luck next time with your deep clean lol
Minxy #25
I love to sort stuff into baskets! This is a beautiful one. And your inchies card turned out beautiful as I could see from the post above.
ReplyDeleteSounds like a fun job..sorting. I am sure it will make a soft bed for the kitty...lol
ReplyDeleteThanks for the peek and sharing, have a wonderful WOYWW.
Hugs, Marjo #23
i know all about getting sidetracked when attempting to clean up! lovely big basket! happy WOYWW fr #1 this week!
ReplyDeleteGreat desk! I keep seeing those beautiful wire tier baskets on everyone's desks...I really need to get me one!!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the peek! :D
x♥Tracey♥x...ƸӜƷ