Well, this morning on my desk is a book open at my January calendar pages, and beside it, a box of soft pastels. When I first started doing these, I made some templates to help me do the squares for the days. These are card ones, but I made some plastic ones too. Needless to say I can't find the plastic ones (shows how well I tidied last week), but the card ones will do as I plan to use the pastels in the squares. Most people do their calendar pages in advance, but I prefer to wait a couple of weeks to get the mood of the month. So far January hasn't been cold and frosty but rather wet and somewhat murky. But there's been sunshine too, and even on the not so bright days the birds at the bird table and feeders have cheered the day. This led to my chosen colours being those of the bluetits that swarm in front of my kitchen window swinging from the fat balls and peanuts, and carrying off black sunflower seeds to the nearby hedge where they crack the seed shells. These seeds are the favourite food of the blue, great and marsh tits, and they seem to eat them in vast quantities.
Also on my desk is a fragment waiting for some inspiration for the Compendium challenge. And in case you're wondering, what looks like a little book on top of the pastels, is a pad of stickies that I used for masking when making a card at the weekend. Well, I won't keep you any longer as I know there are lots of desks to be viewed. Happy browsing.




Your beautiful calendar book looks like an impressionist painting, love the colours.
ReplyDeleteHugs
Brenda 100
Lovely post on your cosy desk. Your calendar pages are coming along really well.
ReplyDeleteJoZarty x
& thanks for visiting!
I really love the way you plan your calendar. It means more when you have taken the time to choose the colours that give a flavour of that month. My hat goes off to you!!!
ReplyDeleteThe birds in my garden have not stopped singing since the snows disappeared. And, the moon looks amazing at the moment...have you noticed!!!!
It is actually quite a nice month so far.
Sue xx 67
I love the way you have used blue tits as your inspiration for colours.
ReplyDeleteA x
Oh, very pretty! Your desk looks great!
ReplyDeletewhat a great space.
ReplyDeleteAh so thats how the squares appear on a page, easy when you know how lol
ReplyDeleteThanks for visiting me today
Happy WOYWW
Minxy #1
Your robin is so beautiful at the top of your page. What a lovely photo.
ReplyDeleteI like the colors that you used in your calendar. I'm only starting working with pastels and think it's quite exciting.
ReplyDeleteI hope we get to see the calendar in more detail soon. These are really lovely and I do enjoy looking at them. Isn't it fun watching the blue tits? I hope the fat balls we left when we came to America last out. I hate to think of the tits and my blackbird going hungry. Thanks for sharing your lovely desk.
ReplyDeleteWhen I regularly do WOYWW the weeks wizz by far too quickly.
ReplyDeleteLove that you're posted about your birds. I'm not familiar with blue tits (sounds naughty in American English!) No matter, we have 4 types of woodpeckers and bright red cardinals at our feeders. I'll take some photos and post them during the week. Thanks for the idea. Lovely desk ideas today chez toi!
ReplyDeleteA little inkling
I'm still jealous of that blending tool stand - am on a mission to find one
ReplyDeletenice to meet you
Debbi #39
Your desk is really busy and creative. Love the colour combo you are using, and those blending tools... I am drooling.
ReplyDeleteTertia 110
Love the fact that you wait to see what the month feels like first - I think thats a great idea as they can all be so different ~ Nicky 24
ReplyDeleteAwesome space. Lots of fun things to do.
ReplyDelete