Thursday, 7 April 2011
Grungy Monday 2
This week's Grungy Monday challenge at Linda's Studio L3 blog was to try out techniques shown by Tim Holtz on one of his videos filmed last year at the big US Trade Fair. This involved making a stamp and creating a resist for Distress Inks with matt medium. I used a swirl from a Sizzix die set to make my stamp, and Stormy Sky, Faded Jeans, Bundled Sage and Tea Dye DIs. I've got a big old music score book that provides me with backgrounds for lots of projects. It's pretty old and the paper is discoloured with age and a bit brittle. I managed to tear this bit - in fact, I think it cracked rather than tore - but it all adds to the grungy effect ! The die set also has a flower shape so I cut a photo of Gloria Swanson and coloured it with Tea Dye DI. The flower stamp in the background is a Craft Stamper magazine freebie, and the other stamps are Elusive Images.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




Loving your tag and that photo of Gloria is fab. Have a great week, Annette x
ReplyDeletebeautiful !! I adore this,really great work ... hugz x
ReplyDeleteI'm a follower now and I'll be back for sure ..xo
Fabulous! love all the details there is so much to look at and picture of Gloria Swanson is fantastic!
ReplyDeleteGorgeous - the colours work really well and the stamping is fab! Love the kitten by the way - she's like ours (Daisy Boffin) but a bit darker and she's a pensioner now! Julie
ReplyDeleteHello! Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog! I'm glad I stopped back by yours! I absolutely love your tag! Your technique on this Grungy Monday is perfect...colors exquisite! Love it all!!!
ReplyDeleteLove your color combination on the background! The resist is beautiful and the flower with the lovely face is beautiful!
ReplyDeletebrill tag the swirl resist has worked really well
ReplyDeletehugs
Beautiful piece - the colors are lovely!
ReplyDeleteFantastic piece. I love it all!...Donna
ReplyDeletefab tag. great musical combination and lovely colours
ReplyDeleteYour piece is beautiful. What a great idea to use old music - I learn something everyday. I have a basket FULL of old music books I don't play anymore. Thanks for the inspiration
ReplyDeleteThis is fabulous. I love the colours you've used, and Gloria Swanson looks very vintage vampy.
ReplyDeleteSue xx
Gloria Swanson, beautiful colors, what can I say, your piece is AbFab. I've been using pages from an old copy of an opera vocal arrangment I found at a thrift shop.
ReplyDeleteThis is fabulous! Love everything about it! x
ReplyDeleteI came on here yesterday but maybe my message did not save. Still loving it! the colours stand out so well. Gorgeous!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful! it would make a great wall hanging.
ReplyDeleteThanks for visiting my blog.
It turned out great...and I'm loving that magazine freebie--gotta love those!
ReplyDeleteGreat piece! Love the background, so pretty!
ReplyDeletePam
Minnie_Mac, this is absolutely wonderful! What a pretty combination of colors, and the little bird and sweet sentiment suite the lovely, resist background perfectly. I love the face in the flower!
ReplyDeleteI love your new blog header, too. You have the best photographs!!
I love the way you have put the photo in the centre of the flower - lovely colours and resist too!!!
ReplyDeleteSo lovely... beautiful color combo and love the sweet little bird... gorgeous work....
ReplyDeleteHave a happy week...
Hugs
Jenny x
A wonderful piece, love the background and the colors.
ReplyDelete