In the last week of March we began to enjoy some beautiful sunny Spring weather, but as the month drew to a close and April began, all was dull and rainy. I'm glad to say that the sunshine came back yesterday. Anyway Spring colours are on my mind, so I used Faded Jeans, Stormy Sky, Broken China and Antique Linen DIs on the background; Heirloom Gold, Perfect Gold, Plum and Blue Patina Perfect Pearls on the character; and toning acrylic paints on the letters. I love these stamps by Dyan Reaveley and usually choose vibrant colours with them, so here it was nice to use gentler colours. I've covered the letters, umbrella handle and welly boots with Glossy Accents just to let you all know that it has been raining !
Sunday, 3 April 2011
Grungy Monday No 1 - Singing in the Rain
Linda at Studio L3 who organised the fabulous 35 challenges from Tim's Compendium of Curiosities has come to our rescue when we ran out of Compendium techniques, and has started up Grungy Monday. Thank you so much, Linda. Our first GM challenge is to use as our inspiration tag number ten of the 2008 Twelve Tags of Christmas series. Now this is just right up my street. I had such fun completing all of the 2010 Tags, but have only done a selection from previous years. Tim has created links to all of the instructions for his tags on the left hand sidebar of his blog.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




Oh this is simply gorgeous! Love the background - it really looks as if it's raining!!! Love it!
ReplyDeleteWhat an absolutely fun GM tag! Love that image and your background is fabulous! So perfect for April!
ReplyDeleteFantastic tag. I love it all...Donna
ReplyDeleteI always love the photos in your blog header.
ReplyDeleteMeggie_May, it's great to see you, and I'm so happy you came to help launch Grungy Monday! I absolutely LOVE the darling tag you created! The stamp is awesome and I must have it!!! ;-)
Beautiful re-visioning of Tim's tag, my dear.
This is totally fabulous, such a great backing and design and yes of course I adore your stamps.......this goes really without saying...lol Have a great week, Annette x
ReplyDeletethis is a fab quirky stamp and tag, must check out grunge monday and maybe play along
ReplyDeletejanet
Fabulous tag, love the colours you have used and the stamp is just fab, you have really captured the April showers feel!! love it all.
ReplyDeletethis is FABULOUS!!! love the colors!! =)
ReplyDeletehugs, SannaS