Thursday, 14 April 2011

Simon Says Stamp & Show Some Distressing ... and the New Arrivals

The Simon Says Stamp and Show challenge this week is distressing. I'm really enjoying experimenting with my new Fresco Chalk Finish paints so decided that, teamed up with some crackle glaze which was lurking at the back of a cupboard, they might produce the ideal effect for this challenge.

The background has Honey Dew as the base colour and Vintage Lace as the top coat which crackled quite satisfactorily. Umbrella Man has Honey Dew underwear and a Toad Hall top coat ! The stamping is Tim and Paper Artsy (not sure whose the 'Hopes & Dreams' stamp is); and the seam binding is coloured with Antique Linen and Spun Sugar.


Thought I'd just check on the nest today and lo and behold .............


Soon these little beaks will be upstretched when mum and dad come back with some juicy worms.

6 comments:

  1. Isn't it fab - I do love distressing. Love your inked butterfly fabric below too - great effect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful tag! I love the Umbrella Man! You did a wonderful job of crackling him! Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge! <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terrific tag and the crackling looks good on him. Love the picture of the little birds but when you mentioned worms, I totally went off them....yuck.........lol Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely tag -really effective! How lovely are those birds!!
    Have a good week
    Rebecca x (84)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your tag is gorgeous and his underwear is perfect. How sweet are those birdies??

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful tag, love the cracked look.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting and taking the time to comment. Much appreciated.