Monday, 12 July 2010

Compendium of Curiosities Distress Powder Challenge

If you've got Tim Holtz' book, Compendium of Curiosities, pick it up, turn to page 43 and go to Linda's Studio L3 blog for the rules of the challenge. Trying out these techniques is so much fun, and you will enjoy seeing what each of the participants comes up with. Thanks so much, Linda for organising this.

I've used Distress Embossing Ink with Peeled Paint, Tea Dye and Black Soot Distress Powders, and Stormy Sky, Walnut Stain, Wild Honey and Black Soot Distress Inks, and I am sure you will recognise the Tim stamps. Lots of shine and texture not all picked up by the camera. Always seem to get birds in my pieces these days. Lots of lovely birds in the garden to inspire.

18 comments:

  1. This is just beautiful, I love the way your bird seems to be sitting in the sky. Birds seem to be turning up in my pieces a lot these day too :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this is just gorgeous. Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just absolutely gorgeous! I love the colors you chose and the way the embossing just adds the perfect amount of texture to make the image pop. Tfs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your tag!!! Beautiful colors! And loved seeing your craft space as well...I thought my work area shrunk down while working! You look like you have just about the same open space available! LOL! But it seems I only work best when everything is on top of me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, WOW-- this is spectacular! I love the "First light of morning" look you created in the background, and the Distress Powder is great on that sweet little bird. Beautifully done, yet again! I'm so happy you came back for Challenge 5!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh this is just drop-dead-gorgeous! I love birds and the colors you chose are superb!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous tag, I love all the colours that you used of the embossing powder.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful scene you have created. I am crazy about birds too! I love how you have framed it and how the background glows. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is just stunning! What a great background. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is really gorgeous! Love the stamps you used!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous, just gorgeous! Those different colors of EP really add to the piece, and I love that bird! lol

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous tag. Love the colours and stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the color combination. The black is very powerful in it!
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow - it's so dreamy and wonderful! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is really beautiful! Great background colors that really set it off.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Multiple emboss colors on one piece! NEAT!

    The entire piece feels a lot like a Victorian-era painting!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is a cracker! Love those back ground colours too!

    love Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wonderful tag. So much beauty! Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting and taking the time to comment. Much appreciated.