Monday, 10 May 2010

Sshhhhhh....... It's a secret ........

Well, I'm back from my travels to the Artsycrafts Weekend. As there's another one in a couple of weeks time, we're sworn to secrecy about what we did, so as not to spoil things for the new participants. All I can say is that they are in for a fantastic weekend.

Five minutes into my journey I found myself sitting for 15 minutes in traffic.
However, the sun was shining, and I was listening to the post-election programmes on the radio. With slow traffic on the M25 and M1, the journey took 45 minutes longer than it should have, but there were two treats at the end of it: a browse and one or two purchases (well, yes, a few more than a two - but my birthday is coming up) at Lin's shop; and, as they say in Scotland, a fish supper.

We inked, painted, stamped, embossed, cut, snipped, sanded, smooshed and skootched from 8.30 am till after 9 pm on the Saturday, and from 8.30 till 5 on the Sunday. We renewed acquaintances from previous weekends, and met more new people from all parts of the UK and beyond. What a luxury to be able to do all this for a whole weekend without having to worry about all the other things that would normally compete for our creative time. And to sit down to meals without having had to do any cooking.

In the final session I decide to introduce a little red into my project, and ended up with hands looking as if I had just butchered a rabbit. As I drove home I looked down on these hands, still stained blood red, fingers of various hues, and nails with blotches of paint and specks of other art products on and under them. When I stopped for petrol, it crossed my mind that if any crimes of violence had been committed in the area, I would be reported as the number one suspect.

A good drive back, listening to favourite music, until four miles from home I find a level crossing closed for the weekend, and I have to do a 12 mile detour. Sweet to be home after a great weekend.

Luckily I had kept today free, but was up bright and early, sticking the final embellishments on my projects before going to collect my furbabies. Charlie P had done a lot of snoozing, and a fair amount of tutting at 'Young Cats Today,' while the Young Cat had disgraced herself by performing Wall of Death routines on the walls and ceiling of their run, and escaping three times from the run into the wider precinct of the cattery.

So no arty crafty pics today, as they would be ones from the weekend, or ones inspired by the weekend. However, I can guarantee there will be some of my shopping on my desk to ogle come Wednesday.

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like you had the greatest time! I laughted imagining your red stained hands, I know exactly how it looks.
    I love that landscape picture. All those differet colors of green! We are still in early spring here in Norway, and where we are now, in our summerhouse by the sea, some of the trees have not sprung yet.

    It is something so fascinating about the light in that picture. It is so bright yet so soft.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tonje

    Thanks for visiting.

    Yes, our trees are not fully in leaf yet either. Hence the variation in colour, but I guess as we are further south, we are still greener at this point than in Norway. We've had a very late Spring after a longer and colder winter than normal.

    The photo was taken in the evening, and this gives the glow to the picture.

    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting and taking the time to comment. Much appreciated.